+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

What should I build next ?

Started by Richard, 15, August, 2009, 08:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

Now I know this is very very premature, but I have already been hunting around for potential next builds.

I think what I am doing now is relatively simple the way I have done it with the particular kit and it has certainly with the donor strip given me an improved tool box !

I have long admired the Lotus Stratus and kind of like the outlandishness of the Lambo's, Diablo and perhaps another more curvy older one. Of course with Diablo's I could keep my BMW engine theme just a V12 this time.

What other builds /dream builds do you think I should consider ?

Bulldog Bri

If your looking for outlandish... Take a look at Lamberti.co.uk Although they've just moved over to Italy for production, their cars are the lambos and an exotic known as the LS1, LS3 & LS4. Don'task me what happened to the LS2...  Think the LS1 is the one you want!!! Just for something different  ;D

8)

Richard

Tempting, I know I am ahead of myself but I'd like to start with a narrower hunt this winter than last ! Assuming I get time to do this build and not just do fences and hedges.

'The Gaffer'

How about a bit of bike power

Z100 from Zcars.

Just so different from car engines, and with this one you get two!!!

Bulldog Bri

'The Gaffer'

I almost bought one before settling on the Toniq :o

Pretty mad car, but you you dont have to floor it everywhere. I would though and probably wreck it.. and me too.

0-60 test
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3qtfY0Ps74&feature=related

I would still consider one.

David H

Quote from: G & Toniq on 16, August, 2009, 09:52:17 PM
How about a bit of bike power

Z100 from Zcars.

Just so different from car engines, and with this one you get two!!!

erm.. holy shit. I mean seriously. words dont describe what that might be like to drive.

Richard

No roof though, so not an option this time round.

The idea of having front and back driven engines in diferent gears at same time is a tad amusing  :-\

'The Gaffer'

Ah with a roof, now he says ;D

Cant really say say I've seen that many kit cars with tin tops, and the older ones I have look hellish. As you say an exotic replica then, Ferrari, Lambo etc.

I had a quick look for a Lotus Stratus but didnt see anything??

Richard

Was thinking the garage should have one tin and one not kit car.
Stratos, I've found Hawk and CSE or whatever company it is under now.
Found one F 250 in US based on a 350z but without the weight, that would make it pretty darned quick but pricey.

Diablo's and other Lambo exotica have price and looks appeal.

GT40 and Ultima's are a bit too pricey by a lot for me.

So, chasing alternatives seems hard, may well be as I thought a winter research job and save (have to assume here that good old father Christmas is kind ot the credit card  ;)  )

Furore Phil

What about an Aeon ? 2 or 3 seats (one front centre as per Mclaren), soft top, tin top or no top, duratech engine, proces 10-20k.

www.aeonsportscars.com

Bulldog Bri

Did you mean 'Lancia Stratos' ?

Another long running company is Ginnetta With their new G50. Though not sure if that will be avilable as a kit build

8)

Richard

Quote from: bulldog bri on 19, August, 2009, 10:51:16 AM
Did you mean 'Lancia Stratos' ?

Very well spotted, comes of thinking of something different to what you are writing !

Like that colour scheme as well.