News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

MOT this week..

Started by fullpint, 19, August, 2013, 03:11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fullpint

Just booked the Mk in for its MOT on Wednesday.
Only done 2,000 miles since the last one so hopefully all is in order. Last year they picked up on slight play in my steering rack (good old Ford) but its got no worse  :D
And my lights were 'crap' and still are  ;D ;D ;D
Fingers crossed it wont rain and come 1pm I will have my 13 months MOT again....

YellaBelly

'The Gaffer'

paintman

Two years ago they found a bit of play in one of the steering bushes, never mentioned it again last Mot and that was the same garage and the same bloke who
Mot'd it before!!! :o ;D ;D

fullpint

8) One years road tax and 13 months MOT.. It passed....
BUT!!! Upon arrival the ramp looked rather high so I asked the MOT guy 'Can I push my car in just to make sure the ramp clears my sump'.. No problem mate.
So I did. I did relay last years comments to him regarding my crap lights etc..
With the car inside he said ok turn the lights on. Yep they work, indicators next, yep, brake lights, yep, fog lamp, yep.
He then went off for half an hour  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
Next he checked for play in the wheel bearings all is fine. I then went in the office and the lady said it passed  :P
Now I know for a fact that it did not go thru the brake test machine but I don't mind because I know the brakes are fine. Not even the hand brake was checked..

Moleman

Well done mate. I had a similar thing happen to me as mine has just had it's mot & passed.  ;D

Bulldog Bri

Sweet!!  :D Wish it was always that simple. Lol.

8)

Iainl

Fullpint what about omission test, does yours need to be tested?

As I'm going to have to go through this next year and strangely my cat fell off after the IVA test  ;)

Cheers
Iain

fullpint

Iain, They didn't even start the car up  :o
Not even a brake test... 8)

Sumov8

I would keep the name of the garage close to your chest, next time you go there will be cars lined up half way down the street.   8)

Lucky Ed

Can't be too far from me, might be heading there myself ;D 8)

garry h

Mines booked in for next week hope theyve got one of those  garages down here heres hoping  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

fullpint

Top tip; lower your car.. That  :Dway it cant fit on the rollers  :-*

garry h

good idea just going out to let some air out of the tyres  ;) ;) ;)

fullpint

MOT was done on Tuesday.. Well it passed again with out having the brakes tested  :D Same garage as before but different inspector.. At first he was NOT impressed with my lights!! However once we found out what I do for a living he then gave me a THUMBS up and said @Your car is fine mate'  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
So yet another year my MK will be used..

Robert

Had a result with mine, took it in to the garage the man was stress out as he was running late and a car was broken-down he needed it recovered, no problem I said I will go with the other mechanic and get it back. When I came back it had pass + he only charge £20.   

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: fullpint on 05, September, 2014, 04:25:44 PM
MOT was done on Tuesday.. Well it passed again with out having the brakes tested  :D Same garage as before but different inspector.. At first he was NOT impressed with my lights!! However once we found out what I do for a living he then gave me a THUMBS up and said @Your car is fine mate'  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
So yet another year my MK will be used..

Quote from: Robert on 05, September, 2014, 05:12:54 PM
Had a result with mine, took it in to the garage the man was stress out as he was running late and a car was broken-down he needed it recovered, no problem I said I will go with the other mechanic and get it back. When I came back it had pass + he only charge £20.   

Good results 8)

fullpint

What a lucky pair we are.. Mind you my Mondeo cost £600 to get a ticket on it  >:(
AND DONT EVEN ASK ME HOW MY Discovery 3 is?? I will make a post in the correct section!! Its NOT good  :o :o :o >:( >:( >:(

Iancider

Well done guys.

Just got Crash Test Dummy's Westy through last week but the it had a wobbly on the day.  It got confused between Blowing the Horn and Blowing a Fuse - Doh!  It turned out that just by chance the air horn compressor decided to seize at that moment - it took a hefty current when stalled and blew the fuse.  So what is the chance of that happening on the day?

Ian

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Iancider on 05, September, 2014, 09:28:52 PM
So what is the chance of that happening on the day?

With a kit car anything is possible ;D

Pilgrim Anna

Well Done!!! You can relax till next year now LOL :P

Iainl

'The Gaffer'

Iancider

Good luck Ian - don't forget - if they ain't right they are easy to fix.

Regards
Ian

Iainl

Robert

Another one keeping it going well-done

Iancider

garry h

Betsy booked in for mot first thing Monday morning cant believe its been a year already time flies  :)

garry h

Betsy passed no advisories happy days  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Moleman

Lucky Ed