News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

polybushes

Started by benchmark51, 03, June, 2013, 09:03:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benchmark51

I have had excessive wear to the outside of my o/s/f tyre. Just that one. I have found that the upper wishbone bolts were loose giving the free play. I have fully tightened them now and the play is gone. I am changing over to new toyo's and am a bit concerned about this happening again. Anyone have any special ways to stop this? Nylocs are on already.
I will change all polybushes and bolts/nuts soon, but just wondered if this is commonplace.

Lucky Ed

I had a similar problem when I swapped to rose joints, and found I still had play in the ball joint and corresponding brackets.

I replaced the existing 12mm bolts with 1/2" UNF's, which are really tight and might need a bit of drilling - but it does the trick 8)

satchellm

Would spring washers and the slightest drop of thread lock not help?

fullpint

Always worth checking your nuts once a month  :D :D

lambo5000s

this is always a problem the only solution is unf and a good quality nyloc make sure the is half the diameter of the bolt is protruding as length untimately you can wire lock special nuts

Hairy Santa

the normal cause of this is to much thread and not enough shank on the bolt

if you have the slightest wear in the locating/ pivot holes then you won't stop the movement, you can go up in size of bolt, or weld and bring hole back to standard size, even welding extra washers on to the out side to give it more meat to wear against

don't forget if you have the slightest movement  - it will get worse over time