+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Double Trouble - one Moke was not enough

Started by Daley Down Under, 16, August, 2014, 10:00:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daley Down Under

Welcome the new project - black one this time.  Lots to do but virtually no rust and 1275 under the bonnet (when I find the bonnet in the box of spares).  Note the rain - it really is Winter in Brisbane.

Cheers Adrian

Bulldog Bri

Nce one Adrian. Should keep you busy for a while.

8)

Daley Down Under

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 16, August, 2014, 11:43:23 AM
Nce one Adrian. Should keep you busy for a while.

8)

Thanks Bri - multiple Bulldogs and multiple Mokes in the club.  Who else has duplicates?

Daley Down Under

Been busy on the new project today (much better weather in BNE).  Front seats are in and they move backward and forward very nicely on the Suzuki Swift runners (albeit together obviously).  Even had the engine running just now - sounds like its a 'good un'

Shame its back to work tomorrow - however there's always evenings  ;D

Cheers Adrian

'The Gaffer'

Looks like a really sound project there Adrian 8)

Daley Down Under

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 17, August, 2014, 12:23:14 PM
Looks like a really sound project there Adrian 8)

Fingers crossed Phil - no horrors yet  :D

Moleman

Iancider

I have always loved the Moke.  I got to meet Diana Rigg in hers during her Avenger days years ago.  What's not to like - and the Moke was good too.  :D

QuoteThanks Bri - multiple Bulldogs and multiple Mokes in the club.  Who else has duplicates?

Kind of:  Me and my son Crash Test Dummy - we both have Westies and they are parked next to each other.

Regards
Ian

Daley Down Under

Quote from: Iancider on 21, August, 2014, 10:58:48 AM
I have always loved the Moke.  I got to meet Diana Rigg in hers during her Avenger days years ago.  What's not to like - and the Moke was good too.  :D

QuoteThanks Bri - multiple Bulldogs and multiple Mokes in the club.  Who else has duplicates?

Kind of:  Me and my son Crash Test Dummy - we both have Westies and they are parked next to each other.

Regards
Ian

Three doubles now - any more?

Cheers Adrian

benchmark51

Funny this has come up, Ive been watching this one.
Trouble is it looks even wetter than Ratbag!
It has a roof, but it fits like a co-op suit. :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390914465478?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

WALNUT

Daley Down Under

Quote from: benchmark51 on 21, August, 2014, 02:18:03 PM
Funny this has come up, Ive been watching this one.
Trouble is it looks even wetter than Ratbag!
It has a roof, but it fits like a co-op suit. :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390914465478?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

What on earth  :o

Daley Down Under

Back Seats are in - now need to find an original roll cage (for the front seat belt mountings) and then its off for compliance and registration.  Everything else will get done once its on the road - that way I can keep the registration value nice and low which minimizes stamp duty  :D

Cheers Adrian

'The Gaffer'

Looking good Adrian.

I can do better than a double.

We have a Blue Cyclone (Which actually is for sale but still counts for the moment)

We have a green Cyclone

And we have a Cyclone in Orange (Mine)

Daley Down Under

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 24, August, 2014, 02:31:14 PM
Looking good Adrian.

I can do better than a double.

We have a Blue Cyclone (Which actually is for sale but still counts for the moment)

We have a green Cyclone

And we have a Cyclone in Orange (Mine)

Nice one Phil  :D

Bulldog Bri

Could we add Ian Stent's Cyclone that being re-built?

8)

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 24, August, 2014, 03:57:37 PM
Could we add Ian Stent's Cyclone that being re-built?

8)

Ian Stent has not officially signed up as a member, so can't be included just yet ;D

Bulldog Bri

Daley Down Under

Now that the red Moke is off the road getting the 16v conversion, I've been busy on the Black Moke so that we still have one for bombing round the bayside.  The front end is all back together and I've only really got to fit the extra gauges, radio, speakers, carpet and bimini now + a little bit of tidying on the rear bumper bar. 

Main success has been with the engine.  It is running super sweet now that I've unblocked the float chamber breather, fitted a new coil, spark plugs and leads and installed the Quickshift.  Didn't expect it to be as fast as it is - proper sorted little A+ motor. 

Cheers for now,

Adrian

Crunchie Gears

That looks fantastic :D

I am very envious :P

I saw 18 Mokes on the Evo Triangle earlier this year and thought  I have alway fancied one and it would be a great car to own.

Daley Down Under

Don't look too closely CG - this one is a bit rough around the edges (unlike the red one). Great QLD car though and works really well with 13" wheels (std Aussie fitment unlike UK 10").

Looking forward to seeing pics of your Morgan

Cheers Adrian

sanzomat

Definitely one for the right environment - really looks the part in a warm country but I can't help feeling that the cooler the climate the less cool a Moke becomes?

That ones really coming together well - sounds like you found a good'un.

Daley Down Under

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Daley Down Under on 25, October, 2015, 10:14:09 AM
Or more cool?
I get you Adrian  ;)

I also happen to think that a Moke whizzing around the UK roads in snow and ice would look damned cool (by both meanings of the word!!)  :D

I will congratulate you now mate, on the cars and on your imminent new title of Superhero Member
Well done indeed!

Daley Down Under

If I ever end up back in the UK, the Mokes will come too so may be able to do the snow bit.

Seems to have taken me a while longer to reach the 1000 Mark. Thanks for the kind words  :D

Moleman

It does look good Adrian. I really wish I could run the events there with all the rained off events we have had this year.  ::) ;D

Daley Down Under

Thanks Colin - shame there aren't more local circuits

'The Gaffer'

Great little practical car there Adrian for bombing around town. Easy in/out chuck the shopping in.. Love it.

Oh, and a happy 1000 post Birthday. Well done matey, you help keep this great forum alive :)

Daley Down Under

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 26, October, 2015, 10:11:31 AM
Great little practical car there Adrian for bombing around town. Easy in/out chuck the shopping in.. Love it.

Oh, and a happy 1000 post Birthday. Well done matey, you help keep this great forum alive :)

Thanks Phil - although don't put the shopping on the seats.  It has a habit of flying out on the corners - had to pick up a couple of loaves of bread from the exit of a roundabout yesterday  :D

Cheers Adrian

Iancider

Adrian,

Could we get you to put Orange wheels on that and Advertise Go! Inspire  in Australia!   8) 8) 8)