+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Dates for Exeter show

Started by Richard, 30, May, 2009, 10:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

The Great Western Kit & Car Builder Show 2009 takes place at Westpoint, Exeter on Saturday and Sunday November 21st and 22nd

'The Gaffer'

Who knows, will we have enough members who would like to partake on a stand by then?

I'd like to think so.  :)

Bulldog Bri

Don't know if you've been to the Exeter Show... But for anything other than the companys that are displaying their products it more just like a big car park of kits outside though if we did go down, we could take ove a corner of that carpark and make ot our own for the day  ;D

8)

'The Gaffer'

Never been there mate, be interested to see what its all about.

David H

Here are some pictures of last year. I was asked to show my car to represent the Westfield Kit Car Club. Proud weekend. Good event, have been for the last couple of years. The pictures show the indoor part from last year. There is also the outdoor part as mentioned with food and loads of cars!

'The Gaffer'

Great pics there Dave, thanks for shareing.

Strange time of the year to have a kit car show but I will be there this year too. Perhaps we can make a club run to it?

Richard

A very proud moment !   That is one shiny car.

YellaBelly

Must admit, we went last year and to be honest I was a little disappointed. And after going to Stoneleigh for the first time this year, I think I would be even more disappointed this year.

Just my opinion you understand :)

JB

David H

In comparison I would agree. Its nowhere near the scale.

'The Gaffer'

I personally thought Stoneleigh was a great show, looking back I enjoyed it more than what I thought and cant wait for the next one. I guess it would be hard to replicate it.

Nevertheless, I will be at the Exeter show just to check it out  ;D

Bulldog Bri

Nothing WILL come close to Stoneleigh in terms of size and attractions, it's the largest kit show in Europe! probably as it's the most central countrywise one there is..
Exeter is good that it can give you that little boost in building your car towards the end of the year, get a few bits in to do over the winter

8)

YellaBelly

Quote from: bulldog bri on 02, June, 2009, 11:29:59 PM
Nothing WILL come close to Stoneleigh in terms of size and attractions, it's the largest kit show in Europe! probably as it's the most central countrywise one there is..
Exeter is good that it can give you that little boost in building your car towards the end of the year, get a few bits in to do over the winter

8)

If I'm still looking to get 'inspired' by November I'll be well miffed! I am going for Donington in September as the first drive-to-a-show :D

Best I get off here then and get in the garage lol!

JB

Richard

Quote from: YellaBelly on 04, June, 2009, 10:10:12 AM
Quote from: bulldog bri on 02, June, 2009, 11:29:59 PM

8)

If I'm still looking to get 'inspired' by November I'll be well miffed! I am going for Donington in September as the first drive-to-a-show :D

Best I get off here then and get in the garage lol!

JB

You are well ahead of me in build, my garage floor is still empty, I think September may be a bit ambitious for me but you should never say never.

What dates in September ?