+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

BKCC Logo Wanted.

Started by 'The Gaffer', 28, January, 2014, 12:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'The Gaffer'

Ok, I figured there may be some creative artistic types out there that might want to contribute to the club by designing the clubs new logo.

This will be in the form of a free gesture and all entries, if any, will be judged by the club and will appear on every page of the website.

Please bear in mind the theme and colour of the site when making your designs. Go on give it a go!!!

Many thanks.   

Moleman

I may know a few people that may be good at this?  :D

Iancider

I may have over-delivered here - more to follow - I got some new software for Christmas 8)  Any thoughts?

Iancider

Iancider

I said I had overdone it!  :D
Batch 3

Iancider

If that is not enough or if anybody would like to see the animated 3d versions.... seriously it can be done :o :o :o :o :o

'The Gaffer'

Good go Ian. I quite like the stainless steel effect but really looking for maybe a symbol that encompasses the club with maybe BKCC in text on it too.

Well done for having a go though mate 8)

Iancider

Hi Phil - no symbol in this batch but I have added BKCC and kept the metallic theme.  Here is a batch to develop the suggestion.  If would want a symbol BKCC could be let into a theme image but Which one?  We have so many themes in this club!

'The Gaffer'

Yes I know, difficult one, how about a spanner or something? Maybe a steering wheel?

Thoughts anyone?

Hairy Santa

Bristol coat of arms with our logo around the bottom

Moleman

How about this for the initials to go above the wording? I just coloured it in for now but you could do it to match it what ever the rest of the sign would be?
Ps I had to do it the old fashion way by drawing it so even this can be altered?  :)

Dixie

I am not good in the art department.  But can some draw up a  Clifton suspension bridge with the BKKC in it.  The B and the C could be the towers, and the K's built into the suspension bit.

Just a thought?

M

'The Gaffer'

I'm liking the ideas.

Pete, you made me think of the Seal of Bristol, great, then I realised it's used in the council logo. The ship and castle theme (signifying a strongly fortified harbour) was in use from about the 14th century.

Lots of clever photoshop needed too.

Keep 'em coming though. Suspension Bridge is a good Bristol landmark.

Looking for a picture logo with text ideally.

YellaBelly

Bl**dy hell Dixie!! I was drawing this last night, are you a mind reader??

I'll now have a crack using the B and C as the towers ;) (it will be a joint effort :) )

My meagre attempt......

Not sure why, but it doesn't show properly until you click on it :(

fullpint

I like that one JB.. Mainly due to the bridge being a main feature for Bristol.. May be add a kit-car image in the middle above Kit Car..

YellaBelly

I'll have a play chap :)

What about this one?

Iancider

YellaBelly

Mine are not exactly up to that standard I'm afraid, I ain't got the tools or the know-how to produce that sort of 3D stuff :(

Iancider

Moleman

I'm liking Yellowbelly's latest one.  :)

fullpint

Dixie

Iancider

Yellabelly's is good - it catches all of the elements of the club in one image

Ian

YellaBelly

Thanks for the comments guys :D

Any ideas to add to it or alter it?

Moleman

The only think I think that needs altering abit is the initials on the bridge.  :)

YellaBelly

Right you are sir, leave it with me :D....

Any better? I can always mess around with the Font?

Lucky Ed

Nice one JB - a man of many talents ;D ;D ;D

YellaBelly

Cheers Ed! Not as many as I'd like though mate :D

Moleman

The second one is better.  :)  There is still something that ain't quite right with the anitials though? Whether they don't need to be there or a different colour? Sorry mate.  ::) :)

fullpint

I reckon BKKC should be above the cars.. Just a thought  ;D

garry h

Just an idear but could the cars be angled so as they look like they are driving down the wires facing each other and the logo above on the same curve as the bridge  :)

'The Gaffer'

Nice input guys, I'll be interested to see how this one turns out :)

Iancider

Hi yellabelly,

I am inspired by it and have taken a stab at simplified version - could be any colours etc.  The cars drawing are low resolution - do you have access to higher resolution verisons or would they need to be re-drawn?  I liked both of your re-drawn versions and the BKCC looked better stood on the horizontal line.  Perhaps as a tribute to you artistry, the 7-like should look like your McSorely? 8)

Regards
Ian

YellaBelly

I do have higher resolution graphics.

Not being picky, but I think it might be a little too simple now? Just my humble opinion, it's not up to me, it's up to the masses :)

Steve and Gary, I'll have a play later, like the sound of those ideas :)

Iancider

Yep, you are right it is for the masses to decide, I am trying to stimulate some discussion but right now its feeling a little quiet in here ???. ???

HELLO - ANYBODY OUT THERE - ANY MORE IDEAS OR COMMENTS?

Perhaps shouting will work :D

YellaBelly

Right, finally got brave with my art package!

Stolen Phil's original colour for the BKCC, comments?

fullpint

LOVE IT, Just one thing tho!!!!!!!!!! The exhaust on the '7' needs to be on the other just like a BEC  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D But I guess a CEC in the logo is ok  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

YellaBelly

Now let me see, the Locost exhaust is on the...............yep, the right :D :D :D :D ;)

Moleman

Yes that is better.  8)   Though I think the Est. 2009 on the pillars would finish it off just right.  8)

And Yes! The exhaust has got to be on the right! :P :P :P :P :P :P

'The Gaffer'

How about trying the Bristol Kit Car Club Founded etc as is above the cars in line with the top of the bridge and a BKCC in the same font between the cars?