AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

8th Sept, Last action Day at Castle Combe, All welcome!

Started by fullpint, 04, August, 2012, 08:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fullpint

Quote from: Grin-a-lot on 05, September, 2012, 09:32:02 PM
I've got a couple of non kitcar owning mates who might be interested, can they turn up in old old wreck and park elsewhere?
We dont mind what people arrive in mate. They are welcome to car up on the same area.. :D

'The Gaffer'

fullpint

Two left if you want to bring along someone? Do you want to collect from my home (Rudloe SN13 0LF) of on the gate on Saturday?

fullpint

POP YOUR NAME DOWN HERE IF YOU ARE COMIMG ALONG AND NEED TICKETS;
Fullpint (Steve)
Moleman (colin) paid
Yellowbelly +1 paid
Grin-alot +1 paid
The Gaffer
Roger

NO MORE TICKET LEFT NOW. Look forward to seeing you all there. If you can't find us call me on 07840628300.
We are leaving Morrisons car park (In Chippenham) around 845 and heading up to Combe so should be on site at 9
Don't forget the sun cream, going to be nice and warm..  :)

'The Gaffer'

Cheers Steve. :)

I have a couple of little jobs to do in the morning but hope to be with you all around 11.30.

fullpint

Well what can I say!!!!! What a cracking day. Some very nice cars. Track time tho was far to busy for my liking. Plus at 109db I had no hope. Shame to see that Coupe go up side down at Camp corner but good that the crew walked away  :o
Thanks to all who came and filled up the cento-rebels stand. Good to see you all including the boss 'Gaffer'.. Cheers.
Sorry NO pics cause I left my cam here at home  :(

Grin-a-lot

Great day, shame to see so many bent cars leave the track but at least the chap that rolled on the tyre wall walked away in one piece.

Some photos here:

Krazyken

Quote from: Grin-a-lot on 08, September, 2012, 07:11:27 PM
Great day, shame to see so many bent cars leave the track but at least the chap that rolled on the tyre wall walked away in one piece.

Unfortunately this is part & parcel of a Castle Combe Action Day, 36 idiots on track and no effective marshalling or discipline.  Great to spectate but not so nice to be in.

fullpint

That was the most I've seen them stop and start the track time. In order to get back on time I think they just double up on the sessions hence 36+ cars in one hit  :o :o This would be fine if they were all the same spec.
I'm glad I never purchased track time. £35 for 5 laps!!!

Lucky Ed

I must admit Krazy Ken and Dave Doom have warned me about these 'cheap' track days, saying there's always too many idiots around, turning a cheap day into a very expensive one :o

'The Gaffer'

Great day, nice to see everyone and have a chat. Far too many cars out there for me to even consider buying track time.

Pleased the people in the car that crashed not far from us walked away.

YellaBelly

Yep, great day! Lots of petrol-headed stuff, and as always some 'interesting moments' on track :)

Nice to actually join in a mini-run with moleman and Grin, although after the fog experience I think I will be fitting my wipers sooner rather than later :o You ever tried cleaning the windscreen by hand when your in a 5-point harness? :)

Roll on Sunday now, looking forward to seeing Queen Square meet for the first time :D

fullpint

The Coupe crash at Camp. Looks like BRAKE failure  :o lights are on well before the off...

fullpint

Not a straight panel left after the big off. On the coupe forum it is saying he simply went into camp cornaer to hot..