Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Fiton Airfield

Started by Bulldog Bri, 25, February, 2013, 10:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Bulldog Bri

I've been told by one of the lads at work who's into military vehicles, that the British legion (Little Stoke) and the MVT (Military Vehicle Trust) are trying to put a Motor show together on the old airfield at Filton.

They now have a date pre-booked for the event as the 8-9th June and the invite has been extended to us to come and join in.

Could be a good day and not to far to go (for most)

Anyone interested, I am.  ;D

8)

Edit: Added to calendar

Hairy Santa

'The Gaffer'

Yes I'm up for this. Especially as they seem hell bent on building houses all over the runway. End of an era >:( Be great if they could set up a track course on the same day.

Grin-a-lot

I'm keen - a little traffic cone track/autosolo thingy would be excellent too!

Bulldog Bri

Will keep this up-dated as I hear things.  ;D

8)

Sprint 7

Moleman

I'm up for it. I even work there. But I will say that only today I was working on a very lovely old plane (that is rotting at a very quick rate & desperately needs to go indoors  :'() parked next to it & while doing so I was watching the runway is being ripped appart in random spots all the way up the length of it. Its looking like it's been bombed in a war.  :(
The germans tried & failed, So someone who is probably is going to make lots of money from this has managed to do a better job.
So unless they you bring some tarmac with you there won't be any fast runs on it.  :'(
PS Sorry this post sound abit doom & gloom.

Bulldog Bri

Yeah, I work next to the airfield as well and have seen these holes being dug in the runway but from what I hear it's still gonna be a while before they get around to building on this part so in the meantime a show is being orginised to make use of the area.

It's only a few months away so should be ok this year.

8)

Krazyken

Moleman

Better get your karting practice in on the airfield a bit quick, the event is on Sat morning.  That only leaves you tomorrow to brush up on your lines before taking on the might of the Krazyken Piston Broke team!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Moleman

Ken.
just got to hope I fit under the barriers without security spotting me then I'm there mate.

evolution

Moleman

I still don't know anything about this one? Still not sure if this one is going ahead? looking at the state of the runway?  ::)

evolution

OK, will assume not unless I hear different. :-\

Bulldog Bri

Apparently postponed till next year, as they didn't have time to get everything organised.  :(

8)

evolution