Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Stoneleigh Kit Car Show - May 4th & 5th 2014 - BKCC Stand

Started by 'The Gaffer', 28, December, 2013, 08:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

The white harte bit is a public lay by as far as I'm a where so it should be fine.  :)

Bulldog Bri

TBH, I think I agree with Steve here, it may be a public layby but very close to the pub, and 7:30 is quite early for a meeting of some fairly (loud) noisy cars ???

8)

benchmark51

Quote from: Sumov8 on 30, April, 2014, 08:42:09 PM
Not sure that the landlord of the White Hart would appreciate cars turning up at 07:30, what about a layby ?

Just dug out the tent and bag, here,s looking for good weather :D

I don't think it will be a problem, they are quite easy going there. That said we should try to be considerate and no uneccesary noise, doughnuts ect. I can have a word with the landlord if you like, but I think he will say the same.

Bulldog Bri

Ok. If you can do that, then no worries.  ;D see you all there :-*

8)

benchmark51

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 30, April, 2014, 09:48:59 PM
Quote from: Sumov8 on 30, April, 2014, 08:42:09 PM
Not sure that the landlord of the White Hart would appreciate cars turning up at 07:30, what about a layby ?

Just dug out the tent and bag, here,s looking for good weather :D

There is a car park for the cycle path about 400yards past the Esso/Tesco garage just off the ring road, would that be a better meeting place?

8)

There is a car park, but on a residential cul de sac full of elderly and disabled people. I walk through it every morning with my dog. The White Harte is better, I often go there in Ratbag.

Moleman

If you can ask them Dave then even better. But it should be fine. :)

Bulldog Bri

As requested, we will be having a quick stop for those that need a rest room break ;) at some services just past Cirencester near the A417 ;D

8)

CC Cyclone

It is possible that car craft may have slightly, just a little bit, but not by much underestimated the size if the fuel tank on my car. Nothing to do with the engine of course, not at all. Nope *

* I might need to stop en-route for fuel.

Any news on the meeting point? I drove past the pub yesterday and the layby looked good to me provided we all arrive & leave quietly.

benchmark51

I will be up the Harte tonight and will speak to the landlord about the meet but see no problem. Of course thats on the understanding Jeremy Clarkson isn't coming!  ;) ;D

Moleman

Thanks Dave. Though I think it will be fine so I'm sticking my neck out & saying the meeting point Will be at the white Harte lay-by. We will just respect the fact it is early & people like a lie in on a sunday morning.  :)

We will meet at 7.30 am & will leave at 7.45 am sharp!
Anyone who is late will have to catch up.  :)

peterw

I,m with CC not sure that 6 gallons will get me there in one stint !!!

'Mendip Wurzel'

I'm thinking about trying to make this gathering....

Just out of interest the White Harte does not own the lay-by at the front. The pub used to be owned by Courage many years ago when I worked for them. Having said that it is a good move to speak to the Landlord as we don't want to up-set anybody.

Moleman

Quote from: peterw on 02, May, 2014, 09:20:26 PM
I'm not sure about mine either, we can always catch them up.  ::) :D

Quote from: 'Mendip Wurzel' on 02, May, 2014, 09:50:14 PM
I'm thinking about trying to make this gathering....

Just out of interest the White Harte does not own the lay-by at the front. The pub used to be owned by Courage many years ago when I worked for them. Having said that it is a good move to speak to the Landlord as we don't want to up-set anybody.
That's my thought on the matter.  :)

benchmark51

Quote from: Moleman on 01, May, 2014, 09:06:50 AM
If you can ask them Dave then even better. But it should be fine. :)

The landlord (Derek) has been away on holiday, but came back today and I have asked about our meet. As I thought he has no problem with it whatsoever. However I would ask that everyone keeps the noise levels to a minimum and so preserve the facility for the future.

Bulldog Bri

That's great Dave,

8)

Iancider

If anybody needs breakfast or a comfort break on the way in, the only place open at that time is:

McDonald's - Bristol Longwell Green
ASPECTS LEISURE PARK
KINGSWOOD BRISTOL
CITY OF BRISTOL
BS15 9LA
0117 960 6420

peterw

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: peterw on 02, May, 2014, 09:20:26 PM

The service stop just the other side of Cirencester should suit you well then ;)

8)

Bulldog Bri

People going so far.
                                    1, BullDog Bri       (Both days)
                                    2, Pilgrim Anna     (Both days)
                                    3, Dave_bence     (Both days)
                                    4, Mozzy              (Both days)
                                    5, Moleman          (one of the days)
                                    6, Iainl                 (one of the days)
                                    7, Robp                (one of the days)
                                    8, Walnut             (one of the days)
                                    9, Robert              (one of the days)
                                  10, Benchmark51   (one of the days)
                                  11, Iancider            (Sunday)
                                  12, Krazyken          (one of the days)
                                  13, CC Cyclone       (sunday)
                                  14, fletch_306        (maybe)
                                  15, Big Red
                                  16, Garry H
                                  17, Johnboy            (Mon)
                                  18, SumoV8
                                  19, Simon
                                  20, Peterw

If we carry on growing we may need to start looking for a bigger pitch. Lol :P

8)

Bulldog Bri

Quick request to anyone going to Stoneleigh.  We've been unable to get hold of some Kebab sticks for toasting marshmallows on our fire pit in the evening, has anyone got any they could bring along?  Cheers  ;D

8)

Moleman

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 03, May, 2014, 04:10:40 PM
Quick request to anyone going to Stoneleigh.  We've been unable to get hold of some Kebab sticks for toasting marshmallows on our fire pit in the evening, has anyone got any they could bring along?  Cheers  ;D
We have some Bri. I will stick them in my car now.

That would be great if we do fill up the stand Bri.  8)

Don't forget, We will meet at 7.30 am & will leave at 7.45 am sharp!
Anyone who is late will have to catch up.  :)

Robert

Looks like I'm not going to make it  tomorrow. Hope you all have a good day

Grin-a-lot

I'll be at the meeting point at 7.30 but one of my brakes might be binding so if it's a bit whiffy when I get there I might turn round and go home again!

Hairy Santa

and me, I'm not on the list  :(

both days

I hear there are a couple of cafe's on the way up are we stopping in them for a breakfast or two ? 

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 03, May, 2014, 09:07:28 PM
and me, I'm not on the list  :(

both days

I hear there are a couple of cafe's on the way up are we stopping in them for a breakfast or two ?

Soz mate, checked through the whole thread and didn't see your name there :-[ You can stop for a breakfast if you want but I think it more for a relief stop and a re-fuel for the thirstier cars :P

8)

Moleman

Sorry Pete. Just checked the tread & if you don't say your going I can't stick you on the list.  :) see you tomorrow bright & early.  :D

peterw

I Don't want to talk about it , Suffice to say I used a lot less fuel coming home than going :( :( :( :( :(

Bulldog Bri

Sorry to hear you had a problem, pray tell what happened as we've been wondering where you got to?

being at the front I was unaware youd dropped out till we got to Stoneleigh!  :o

8)

CC Cyclone

Just got back and put the car away. Had a great day out and good to meet some of you at last. Unfortunately we had to leave quite early in the afternoon with family commitments but had a great run out and put another 200 trouble free miles on the car.

See you all again soon.

peterw

Two miles from the show I blew a head gasket and split a bottom hose, in a cloud of steam and oil, got recovery to bring me back, best £30 extra on the insurance I've ever spent. TWO bloody miles short  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Anyone know a good place to get heads cleaned and skimmed!!

Moleman

It was good to see you & your car Cc Cyclone. I did wonder where you got too. See you again soon mate.

Oh my god Peterw I did wonder where you had gone. It must of happened just after we passed you on the duel carriageway. We looked out for you but just thought you got caught in the traffic on the roundabout. I didnt have your mob number or I would have called to see where you had gone.

peterw

Last thing I saw was  Walnut overtaking me using one hand to hold his hat on !! Then it all went Pear Shaped

Moleman

I think Brights auto centre on Filton ave mate. My mates garage use them alot for that sort of thing. I will check for you.

Moleman

Just to make you feel even more gutted Peter it was a really good day & with 15.5 cars parked in our club stand, almost 16.5 if you made it mate I think that may have been a record.
There are still some guys there tonight & will be there tomorrow if anyone else would like to join them. 8)

stevel

Great day today, nice to see some familiar faces and to say hello to some new ones for me.  Charlie and me got a bit sun burnt but I think it was from the dazzling chrome on mendip Wurzels car!!  How do you keep that clean??

Grin-a-lot

A great day out and lots of very impressive cars; I last saw RobP figuring out which body parts he could sell to buy the T70 Moda in the main hall!

I was well pleased with my £25 carbon fibre effect dashboard and that was within the budget allocated by my financial advisor!

Thats a real shame about PeterW's breakdown - can't believe we didn't notice until we got to the site - hopefully its recoverable though.

WALNUT

Quote from: peterw on 04, May, 2014, 08:47:22 PM
Last thing I saw was  Walnut overtaking me using one hand to hold his hat on !! Then it all went Pear Shaped
I remember passing a slow moving 7 but did not realize it was one of ours, not that I could have done much to help.

'Mendip Wurzel'

Excellent run out and what a great show..... I struggled to get around everything as there was so much to see....
Sorry to hear about Peters car, I did wonder what had happened..... and also sorry to Walnut on the way back with me jumping lanes at the last minute.... I couldn't see my TomTom screen because of the sun, hence the last minute manoeuvres.

A really impressive club turnout

Nice looking kit car, but what is it and who is the manufacturer???

I thought this was an ingenious way to connect a detectable tow bar, and something I may copy.

Bulldog Bri

Just got in the door, :o A very gentle run home as we got stuck behind a few that just didn't want to get moving >:( but also I had a blowing exhaust downpipe and my front brakes ( I think are now binding somewhere) but still could have gone faster than what was in front :(

At least you were able to get home Pete without to much trouble, hope you can get it sorted soon, what a pain. :'(

Pic to follow later, Anna wants to post her's first :P

8)

Isn't that red car a Formula 21? ::)

Moleman

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 05, May, 2014, 06:34:55 PM
Just got in the door, :o A very gentle run home as we got stuck behind a few that just didn't want to get moving >:( but also I had a blowing exhaust downpipe and my front brakes ( I think are now binding somewhere) but still could have gone faster than what was in front :(

Sorry I wasn't there to make them pull over out the way mate.  ;D