News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Annual Cherished Vehicle Show

Started by Moleman, 01, January, 2014, 04:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

This is a event some of us went too last year which was really good.
Our Annual Cherished Vehicle Show will be held on 1 June 2014, again at Allington Farm, Chippenham, Wiltshire SN14 6LJ, on the A420 towards Bristol near Castle Combe race track.

Exhibitors' vehicles, drivers or riders, and up to one passenger are free. Spectators and other visitors are £5 and children under 10 enter free. Exhibitors' vehicles must be pre-registered.

There is plenty of parking and easy access with an improved layout and new easy exit from the site. There will be attractions for little ones and bigger ones, guaranteed!

The famous Allington Farm Shop catering will be there again, starting early for hungry exhibitors!

Our 2013 event was a huge success with over 200 exhibitors' vehicles and several thousand people attending. Details can be viewed on our website at www.chippenhamlions.org.uk

APPLICATIONS TO REGISTER FOR 2014 ARE NOW INVITED.

Please circulate to any other enthusiasts you are in contact with. Don't wait, BOOK NOW, we are limited to 200 entries. It's going to be a great Show.

For each exhibitor, I need Club/Organisation (if applicable), Owner's or Driver's (Rider's) Name, Vehicle Make, Model, Year and Registration Number, by email. By all means send a list and add to it as many times as you wish.

Passes will be issued by email to the email address from which the registrations are sent shortly before the Show.

Please note that entries must be pre-registered and will not be allowed on the day.

Send entries to cvs@chippenhamlions.org.uk. Please do not reply to this email.

We look forward to seeing you on 1 June 2014 for another fantastic day.

Bob Astwood
Event Organiser

Please use cvs@chippenhamlions.org.uk or cvehicleshow@chippenhamlions.org.uk. They both have the same destination. Please do not use cvehicleshow@gmail.com as it is not monitored.

Please note the Lions Club of Chippenham cannot accept any liability for any loss or damage involving motor vehicles. Please make sure your Insurance is adequate.

Who is up for this? If you are please put B.K.C.C on your form & I will speak to Bob to arrange a club stand?

Iancider

I'm keen to do this one. 

Do you want us to make individual applications or shall we submit a group list?

Thanks
Ian

Moleman

Ian. It will be alot easier for you guys click on the link & send bob your details, Just don't forget to let them know you are from B.K.C.C as I have emailed Bob to request a club parking area.

Can I ask you guys just to wait before doing this until I get a reply just incase they can't allocate us some club parking spaces & if not I will do a list for the club parking.  :)

Anyone else up for this one then?  :D

WALNUT

All being well I will be going, It was a good day last year.

bluehornetrider

I'll be there with the Porsche, do we book individually or altogether through the club?

fullpint

This one is right up my street.. Or should I say just down the road for me  ;D
Went last year and it was a cracking day. Pop me down for this or let me know if I should book it my self.

Moleman

I will get you guys to book it yourself, You just have to put down you are from B.K.C.C.
But please hang fire until I get a reply so I can book us some club spaces.
I will ring him next week if I don't hear from him soon.  :)

Anyone else up for this one?  :D

garry h

Providing we can sort out work and ferry we will be there :) :) :) :)

Sumov8

Colin

I am tempted but will have to check the diary and see if she lets me go out for the day :P

paintman

Put me down for this one, Dixie will probably go as well!

bluehornetrider

paintman

WALNUT

Dixie

Tony Searle has sent details as well.

Iancider

Bulldog Bri

Could be up for this but will only know nearer the date.  :-\

8)

garry h

garry h

Urika think I just sussed it  :P :P it was just a case of sending an e-mail I hope  :) :)

Moleman

Hi Gary.
I was just doing that when it told me to check other replys before I post this.  ::) ;D

I hope you said you are from B.K.C.C.?  8) ;D

garry h

Certainly did and proud to of done so  :) :) :) :) :)

fullpint

I sent my details the other day but not heard back from Bob yet..

Moleman

Steve. They sometimes take a while to come trough. Give it another week then just contact them by using the link again.  :)

OK, if you want to go to this please click on the link & fill in your details.
Don't forget to say you are from B.K.C.C. when you do!
Then please let me know when you have done this so I know who is going to arrange some sort of club parking closer to the date. 

Going so far
                    1, moleman          =  details sent.
                    2, Iancider            = details sent
                    3, Walnut              = details sent
                    4, Bluehornetrider  = details sent
                    5, Fullpint              = details sent
                    6, Gary h               = details sent
                    7, Paintman           = details sent
                    8, Dixie                  = details sent
                    9, Tony Searle       = details sent

Anyone else?

Moleman

Anyone else up for this? :)
What about sending your details off? :)

It will pay to send off your details for this if you are thinking about it? It don't cost anything & will guarantee a place if you end up wanting to go? :)

Pilgrim Anna

Guess what working that evening too grrrrrr. We will make it but will need to leave around 3.30 Although we are free to meet up as early as you like in the morning! :D

Moleman

Has anyone had any details back from these guys yet?  If you have can you let me know?
There web site seems to be down at the moment so I will try tomorrow. I would have thought we would have had something by now. 

Bulldog Bri

Yes, I got a reply back when I registered our cars back in Feb'  ::)

8)

Moleman

I have found my reply now.  ::) :)

Any more people up for this? :D

benchmark51

Had my pass sent by email today. I haven't used my printer for a long time so had a fair bit of 'tickling' to do to coax it into printing my pass. It is an Epsom that I modded and runs on 6 carts' connected by capillary tubes and fed by 6 ink tanks. Managed to get the ink flowing, after umteen head cleans, head alignment, test page and many inky fingers! Got an acceptable print which I have laminated ready for the screen. Just got to hope the weather behaves now.  8)

Hairy Santa

so filled in the forms they wanted months ago, now they want us to take and check our insurance documents, just received Email

to much hassle as far as I am concerned

count me out

Have a good time whoever goes

WALNUT

just had my pass come through, cant see where the hassle is. We had people saying the same thing last year, and it turned out to be one of the most laid back shows I went to last year.

Moleman

I've got my pass come through too. I'm just taking the pass. It will be fine.  ;D

Bulldog Bri

Same here.  Email with pass received :P

8)

Moleman

As Walnut says they do seem very laid back when you get there & put this on as a precaution.  :)

paintman

I've had my pass too but don't think I shall bother going. ::)

Got to be there by 9.30am and must stay to 5.00pm......got better things to do than stay there all day......and if it starts to rain what are we supposed to do, sit in the cars with no hoods getting wet for our trouble???

Think i'll give it a miss. >:(

benchmark51

I wouldn't worry about the times too much. I can understand getting there earlyish, but leave when you have to. I will. I think this is a statement of their preference not an absolute rule.

WALNUT

We went through all this last year. Nobody was asked for insurance papers, and people came and went when they wanted, they just have to cover there selves

benchmark51

My insurance was done online and have no paper copy of it anyway.
My documents are checkable via the database for anyone entitled to look.
The police are happy with that and so am I, so won't be taking insurance papers.

Moleman

Quote from: WALNUT on 24, May, 2014, 01:38:10 AM
We went through all this last year. Nobody was asked for insurance papers, and people came and went when they wanted, they just have to cover there selves

That's the impression I got. They are a friendly bunch so it is worth going & you can leave when you want.   8)

bluehornetrider

Hope the weather is better than this weekend, they are a good bunch doing an event for charity, they only ask to stay as long as possible so late arriving visitors get to see the show cars. But they won't stop you if you want to leave, can't see me staying till 5 either.

Bulldog Bri

Not taking paperwork either, they can either let us in or turn us away :P And won't be staying till the end as Anna is working that eve. ;D

8)