News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

another one bites the dust

Started by benchmark51, 24, August, 2014, 06:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benchmark51

Bulldog Bri

That's a shame.

I'm guessing that at these shows you see fairly large crowds, but the majority of those would be the owners of the other kits cars on show, the public car parks aren't as full so not many paying to come in. this will make the trade stands more expensive to put on, so less turn up, resulting in the organisers saying it's not worth putting the show on. And with less people wanting to build from scratch/kit because of IVA regulations and cost, the whole industry is at risk.

We're not to blame as we've already got the cars it's trying to bring new people into the interest against a very negative attitude from those who don't want home made cars on the roads, so put more and more regulations in the way. Yes there needs to be control on what goes on the roads but requiring more and more picky things will just put more people off the idea! Surprised they don't want ABS and Airbags fitted, guess they won't be happy till we're all driving around in soft marshmallow type vehicles. And now we're also expected to except 'Driverless cars' on the public road. Will this mean that blind people can now own a car and the dog sits in the drivers seat? :o ;D

Rant over >:(

8)

damouk

I was looking forward to this one too as its pretty close to me, but like you say Bri, the main people attending are the display car owners. sad times..

paintman

Bristol Classic Car Show is far better than Exeter was, lot more stands and autojumble......you can get most things there and loads to see. ::) ;) ;)

Iancider

I know three people that have decided to purchase a kit car because of experiencing mine.  Two purchased ready-built and one is building now.  If we all make sure that we do that the problem is solved.  There is also more good news, most kit manufacuturers are seeing an upturn now so I am predicting a rebound.  Our excellent forum is clearly havng its own effect.

I am more worried about a younger generation that thinks that custom cars are born in Halfords and amount to bling gearknobs and exhaust trims.  Sorry, not all young people are like that but it is a trend unfortunately.

Anyway there is no problem at all if Pete keeps buying  ;D :P 8) ;)

SPAXIMUS

It is hard to accept but our choice of cars is now not as popular as it was. It may be the advent of IVA pushing up costs and the costs of the kits themselves.
I sold my Westfield road car and am looking at something else a bit more practical. So the three choices are, Sebring, Chesil or the new Healy. All of these will cost circa £20k and beyond to build. My wife looks at that and you can buy a nice selection of cars for that sort of money. So unless you want the build experience more than anything why would you build?

And that is the dilemma with kit cars shows, they cost a fortune to stage properly and are expensive for the exhibitors as well so unless you can get full halls with good footfall it is going to be hard to justify anything more than two for the exhibitors for just kit car people.

The future is going to be joint shows with Classic cars in my opinion. you get the footfall you also get people who will wander over to a stand and have no intention of doing a kit car but will buy one when they see them. Choice of working on rust or something else is a good reason for many.

That is why you get kit car makers at Goodwood, Autosport and some at the classic car show at the NEC, they will pay for this as they will sell cars as a result.

Camber Dave

Bugger

I spoke to Roger and booked a stand last Mon.

It was very good value for money at about 1/2 that of Stoneleigh

Hope they don't cash the cheque......