AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Any Cosworth T5 gearbox rebuilders near Bristol pls?

Started by Facial Hair Optional, 08, November, 2014, 09:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facial Hair Optional

Anyone know of a good gearbox rebuilder near to the Bristol area who could fix the synchro from 4th to 3rd on a Cossie T5 Borg Warner box please? Am struggling to find one locally, Thx guys (when I say guys I include gals, just don't wanna sound like Jimmy Saville!)

Bulldog Bri

I used 'Bristol Transmissions' to get my Overdrive box done a little while back, as Gloucester Road gearboxes couldn't do those anymore, maybe they could help.

Unit 4 Strachan & Henshaw Building, Foundry lane, Fishponds, Bristol BS5 7UZ

8)

Facial Hair Optional

Thanks Bri, I shall give them a call this week. I tried Glos Rd Gearboxes but they cant do it, something to do with a special tool for the 5th gear and the gear always breaks when you remove it and are as rare as rocking horse doo-doo to find a replacement (something along those lines anyway!)

It was rebuilt in the past by a guy called Bernie at Competition Transmission Services, but looking through the paperwork it seems that the change from 4th to 3rd has never been quite  100% right even after the rebuild. I will give them a call for more info but they are miles away from me.

dave_bence

Facial Hair Optional