Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Queen's Square Sunday morning meet 9th August

Started by Moleman, 01, August, 2015, 09:46:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

This is a really good chance to meet up with car enthusiasts from all over Bristol. it is held on the Sunday morning from about 9am at Queen Square, Bristol, City of Bristol BS1 4QS

We are now supporting the Avenue Driver's Club in their efforts to sustain this magnificent free public event and thanks to all who have signed up (for free)  If you haven't follow this link to do so.

http://www.avenuedriversclub.co.uk/joinus.html

I know we are always immaculately behaved but I am going to ask three things.  We wish to make a positive impact on the Square and for Bristol as a whole. 
(a) If you see some litter could you pick it up and put it in the bins (not ours but we will help)
(b) If somebody does make noise, very politely explain the situation to them so that the show is not banned as a result - that also applies to burning rubber and the like
(c) Invite as many members of the public as possible to enjoy this benefit for Bristol

So this is a great venue with a good atmosphere so who is up for it?

This one is getting really popular now so it is best to get there early if you can. Though we will be giving this one a little review soon so come along & see what you think?  :)

So who else is up for this?  :)

sanzomat

As we'll have been up to Gloucester the afternoon before I'll probably have a load of stuff to do at home so might give this one a miss and have a lie-in...

smudge

I'll be at Prescott trying to outrun the rain  :D

danwilko

Think I'll give this one another go, been a while so need to see if it's getting any better and if worth bothering any more,

Moleman

Is there anyone up for this or are you guys thinking you would rather do something else?

Iancider

Facial Hair Optional

robp

Iancider

It is the Balloon Fiesta this weekend for any that need to pass Ashton Court.

Ian

Facial Hair Optional

I think this is still a great morning out for the BKCC to attend, despite recent disruption by certain factions.

We could always have a meet and run out of our own on another Sunday in the month?

Have any of you got links with the SKCC? I am sure they have runs too and maybe we could link up with some of their guys mid-geographic area sometime depending on how timetables match up with free days? Just a thought, expand our travel area, see new places, meet new people, colonise and conquer, resistance is futile!!  :o :o :D :D

Iancider

Interesting point FHO,

As far as I am aware we have not made any joint arrangement with SKCC - principally I guess because it is quite a jaunt to the the centre of their operations.  But we do have a lot in common. 

We should have a few more run-outs and Wiltshire meet-up with SKCC could work.  We share a few member with Apple County and have had joint events with them before.

Regards
Ian

Facial Hair Optional

I take it you mean Apple County Kit Car Club not Apple County Cider Company Ian? hahahaha!  ;D

I recently joined the SKCC just to read posts that may be helpful to me but tbh I find there website and forum much more tricky to navigate than ours. The interface is just not very user friendly IMHO.

The ACKCC forum on the other hand looks very similar to ours indeed. Nice!

I'm pretty sure some of our most eastern members are in the SKCC too, Crunchie Gears for one.

I think the occasional joint 'run out and meet' would be spiffing dear boy! Gives the run a meaningful geographic target and purpose and we can all learn something from each other I am sure.

Moleman

benchmark51

I didn't go either, did the supermarket run and roast beef dinner :P

Facial Hair Optional

Didn't make it myself as was unwell but the classic Ford/VW lads I know who went said it was packed and no spcae by half 8. I mentioned the boy racer rowdy crowd antics and they did not mince their words saying they would physically kick the lot of them out if it keeps happening! Apparently there was little/none of it this time.

Old school Ford drivers eh, a roughty toughty bunch for sure!!  8)

robp

I got there about 8am.  The square was packed out by 8:30am.  Loads of interesting cars to see as usual.  The morning went by peacefully with no revving engines to worry about.  There were a couple of friendly coppers walking around too.

I made the school boy error of parking in a space.  Sure enough when I got back to the car I had been boxed in!  SWMBO wasn't happy as I was supposed to take the kids Shawn the Sheep hunting!  :-[

benchmark51

I found one of them yesterday, at Warmley Station, I wasn't even looking either.

I expect the Police presence deterred the loud brigade. I must admit I've lost interest in going to
the square recently, a bit 'samey' now.

Pilgrim Anna

We missed this one too. Last lie in for a while won me  over sorry!  :P