+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

PH breakfast meet 1st Sunday each month, Northey Arms, Box. 8.30am

Started by Facial Hair Optional, 13, August, 2015, 11:15:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facial Hair Optional

Apparently there is a regular Sunday morning meeting at the Northey Arms in Box (near Bath), 1st Sunday each month at about 8.30am for anyone car orientated who feels like turning up.

I think I will go to the Sept 6th one just to see what it's like and have a chat with a few petrolheads. Some nice cars turn up, an Atom is supposed to be going next month so I have no reason to think we would not be welcome.

And the breakfast sounds good as the landlord is car friendly!!

A nice Sunday run out for anyone else who feels like getting some fresh air (weather permitting as usual).

mikebishop, fancy that one mate?

Gary RH7

Sounds good. Can we fit this in before Tetbury? Its on the way for the Bristol guys and the Swindon guys might be interested.

Its a nice pub with plenty of parking. I will try and check it out.

It takes about 40mins to get from The Northerly to Tetbury

Facial Hair Optional

I guess it would all depend on what time we had to be at Tetbury but I suspect it may be a bit of a squeeze on that day. Tbh I had totally forgotten Tetbury was on the same day!!

Looks like a nice pub though https://ssl.panoramio.com/photo/47683838

One to consider for October 4th and next year if we cant do Sept 6th maybe? If nowt else it'll be a good stop off point for me and anyone else who likes early Sunday morning run outs in the sticks to blow away the cobwebs!

Make sure you check out The Northey Arms Gary not The Northerly Arms!! Or you'll be at the wrong one (if it exists!)   ;D

Gary RH7

It is the Northey..a bit early when I wrote it. :'(

Tetbury don't start till 11 o'clock but it depends when they want us there. Don't want to end up in the car park like the South Gloucester Show. Maybe Colin has a handle on that.

Gary RH7

Breakfast looks good.

I am sure benchmark51 will be interested. He's always going on about food ;D :P ;D

I will try and pop in for a pint before Monday and give some feedback.

benchmark51

Quote from: Gary RH7 on 14, August, 2015, 09:47:02 AM
Breakfast looks good.

I am sure benchmark51 will be interested. He's always going on about food ;D :P ;D

I will try and pop in for a pint before Monday and give some feedback.

No, not for me. 8 quid for a fry up! :o

benchmark51

Quote from: Gary RH7 on 14, August, 2015, 09:39:36 AM
It is the Northey..a bit early when I wrote it. :'(

Tetbury don't start till 11 o'clock but it depends when they want us there. Don't want to end up in the car park like the South Gloucester Show. Maybe Colin has a handle on that.

Last year filled up quickly, and arrivals exceeded expectations. All the neatly marked out parking bays were filled up and they were squeezing them in as best they could. There was food there and a beer tent, autojumble and stalls. I would aim for 'as early as possible'

Facial Hair Optional

Facial Hair Optional

Well it's do-able but would mean an even earlier start to the day.

The usual meeting place of the Cross Hands is on the way too. If not having brekky then maybe that would be better on this occasion? There's always October 4th for The Northey breakfast?

I wonder if The Cross Hands does brekky lads??  ;)

I'm sure Colin will know what's what.

sanzomat

Facial Hair Optional

Yikes! A few years ago I could have managed that but not now I have my gut issue. (oh ha ha get the jokes over with now lads!)

I had the biggest all day brekky they do at Hungry Horace's on Speedwell Road once, yummy but not as big as that one Dave. Have you tried it yet??!

I also hold the record (as far as I know) for eating Micky Finns Colossal burgers (not sure if it's still there by the Hippodrome?) came out of a club one night and ate 3 one after the other plus chips!! They were HUGE (hence the name - duh!)

And b4 Colin says it, yes it has all caught up with me and shows in my new waistline!!  ;D ;D ;D

At least I will be able to lighten my car by 15kgs a lot cheaper than you guys can!!!  :P :P

Moleman

I have been to the Tetbury show a few times now Gary & they are a far more friendly bunch than the Glouchester Show people. They would like you to get there on time but in my experience they are a friendly bunch & normally let you get there when you want & leave when you like as well.  8)

Iancider

Quotehttp://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Big-breakfast-ready-cafe-s-8-000-calorie/story-25845163-detail/story.html
Since my employer moved us to Portishead this is now my Friday breakfast stop...

Hairy Santa normally needs two so this should work for him!  Sorry had to say that cos its true!

On the 6th I will be going to Shelsley Walsh for Breakfast and will report back on that one.

Ian

Gary RH7

I checked out the Northey. Spoke to a very attractive barmaid (one of a few) who pointed me to her boss. The boss know nothing about Sunday morning car meets and she looked very vague saying "we do have groups visit sometime" :-X :'( >:( :(

So, if we do it it looks like it will only be us.
Or, If you guys go for the 8000 calories 0n the 6th and cant finish get a doggy bag for me :P

Gary RH7

Quote from: Moleman on 14, August, 2015, 07:53:09 PM

I have been to the Tetbury show a few times now Gary & they are a far more friendly bunch than the Glouchester Show people. They would like you to get there on time but in my experience they are a friendly bunch & normally let you get there when you want & leave when you like as well.  8)

Cheers Colin, defiantly decided that this is the one to go to :)

Iancider

I do like the Northey Arms.  It is quite a posh pub and in a location normally swathed in Hound of the Baskevilles mist.

It is not a cheap breakfast but it is not a cafe. 

I would be up for this one at some time.

Ian

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Gary RH7 on 15, August, 2015, 07:21:05 PM
I checked out the Northey. Spoke to a very attractive barmaid (one of a few)

That's made my mind up!!!  ;D ;D

If there is no car meet (which I am reliably informed there is even tho it is a casual 'turn up if you please' event and not an organised thing like we at the BKCC are used to!) then at least it's a good place for us to meert once in a while for a brekky and nice run out in the sticks maybe?