Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Queen's Square Sunday morning meet 14th Feb

Started by Moleman, 27, January, 2016, 08:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

This is a really good chance to meet up with car enthusiasts from all over Bristol. it is held on the Sunday morning from about 9am at Queen Square, Bristol, City of Bristol BS1 4QS

I know we are always immaculately behaved but I am going to ask three things.  We wish to make a positive impact on the Square and for Bristol as a whole. 
(a) If you see some litter could you pick it up and put it in the bins (not ours but we will help)
(b) If somebody does make noise, very politely explain the situation to them so that the show is not banned as a result - that also applies to burning rubber and the like
(c) Invite as many members of the public as possible to enjoy this benefit for Bristol

This is still a great venue with a good atmosphere so who is up for it weather permitting of course?
This is also Valentines so don't forget to pick up some flowers from the garage on your way home.  8)

So who is up for it? :)

sanzomat

Valentines day might make this one a bit iffy but then again its been a while since I've been (well, since the car has been in one piece!). Will need a good clean too. Might have to see on the day.

Crunchie Gears

:-* it is Valantine's Day  :-*

Have you guys got no romantic side  :o.   

Not only that but sibling outlaws are all coming to lunch  ???  ???

Parks

Iancider

QuoteHave you guys got no romantic side?

Of course but not sure if she still sees the romance of motoring!  :D

Sumov8

Might have to drag the wife's sister down seeing as its valentine's day

Moleman

It's getting to the point where the back lane is looking more like a canal but if it's a dry day then I should be there.  :)

sanzomat

Facial Hair Optional

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Sumov8 on 09, February, 2016, 01:53:00 PM

That statement has me totally confused - and intrigued!!

sanzomat

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 10, February, 2016, 08:29:18 PM
Quote from: Sumov8 on 09, February, 2016, 01:53:00 PM

That statement has me totally confused - and intrigued!!

Wasn't just me then. Huh?

Facial Hair Optional

Is anyone going? Not sure I will be up to it given my health lately but it looks like it may be dry(ish) and cold

Sumov8

Wife is not really a petrol head :( but her sister is!! :P  Have been to Le Mans and Silverstone with her a few times now, keeps it in the family ;) ;)

Brandy Barrel

Quote from: Crunchie Gears on 28, January, 2016, 08:07:55 AM

Is it Valentine's Day he asks........
Then if we aren't romantic!
Well as you clearly forgot it was Valentine's Day how can you chastise us ..😜😜😜😜😜😜

Brandy Barrel

Cam n I will be going down in the BM.
Car still sick, electrical problems now...
Hope it's not like last time, we were only ones there......😁

sanzomat

I'm planning to go. I've brought the Spyder back from MiL's this afternoon and even went out for a little drive in the rain (hood up though). I've given her a quick sponge down too so she looks presentable. Just hope nothing falls off, leaks or comes undone as it will be the longest trip since the winter upgrades. I'm thinking it won't need an 8.00 arrival as I'm guessing the time of year and the day will stop it being overrun so I'll aim to arrive at about 8.30-8.45.

Moleman

I can't get the the out even if I wanted too so I won't be there. Sorry guys.  :(

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Sumov8 on 13, February, 2016, 09:43:49 AM
Wife is not really a petrol head :( but her sister is!! :P  Have been to Le Mans and Silverstone with her a few times now, keeps it in the family ;) ;)

Fair play! Is she single? Women like that are like gold dust!

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Brandy Barrel on 13, February, 2016, 03:37:38 PM
Quote from: Crunchie Gears on 28, January, 2016, 08:07:55 AM

Is it Valentine's Day he asks........
Then if we aren't romantic!
Well as you clearly forgot it was Valentine's Day how can you chastise us ..😜😜😜😜😜😜

BB - have to correct you on that one dude, CG actually said IT IS Valentine's Day, not IS IT!

How do you get those weird symbols at the end to come up like that btw? These I mean... 😜😜😜😜😜😜

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Brandy Barrel on 13, February, 2016, 03:40:29 PM
Cam n I will be going down in the BM.
Car still sick, electrical problems now...
Hope it's not like last time, we were only ones there......😁

If you go in a normal car/tin top do you park in the Square or elsewhere?

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Moleman on 13, February, 2016, 06:47:38 PM
I can't get the the out even if I wanted too so I won't be there. Sorry guys.  :(

Is your rear lane flooded in Colin?

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: sanzomat on 13, February, 2016, 04:50:04 PM
I'm thinking it won't need an 8.00 arrival as I'm guessing the time of year and the day will stop it being overrun so I'll aim to arrive at about 8.30-8.45.

I think you may well be right Dave, the weather is also set to improve a little from 9am onwards.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/bs1?day=1

Monday and Tuesday mornings are looking promising too

Moleman

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 13, February, 2016, 07:15:52 PM
Quote from: Moleman on 13, February, 2016, 06:47:38 PM

Is your rear lane flooded in Colin?

It's a bit of a little canal at the moment but it does dry up quickly mate. Topped with a load of stuff that needs going to the tip it's a bit of a nightmare just to get it out. It will be all cleared by Friday though mate, thanks foe asking.  :)

CrisisWolf

Well I didn't make this one - had a lie in! Good news test drove the car - first drive since Nov plus some modifications and nothing fell off! Except I noticed the steering wheel wasn't on square, about 20 degrees off which was weird! Fixed that when I got home.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: CrisisWolf on 14, February, 2016, 08:00:33 PM
Well I didn't make this one - had a lie in! Good news test drove the car - first drive since Nov plus some modifications and nothing fell off! Except I noticed the steering wheel wasn't on square, about 20 degrees off which was weird! Fixed that when I got home.

Are you sure you weren't just going round a very, very, very long gentle bend??  ;D

Facial Hair Optional

Would anyone who was there care to give a quick report back on the turn-out etc please?

Dave sanzomat maybe?

Were any more of our guys there apart from you Dave?

sanzomat

A pretty good turn out from BKCC and generally. I'm embarrassed that I still don't know everyone's names though! Mike B, Santa, Benchmark, Brandy and son plus the guy with the lovely silver/grey Cobra (apologies for dreadful name retention) and at least one other!

The square was full without being packed out if that makes sense. Generally well behaved but one bright orange Lambo clearly didn't think he stood out enough already so felt the need to demonstrate the noise of his engine and as I left was testing his 0-60 (maybe even 0-100) times along Prince St. In the town with the biggest concentration of CCTV in the UK he may live to regret that!

Weather was chilly but was already bright by 9am.

Gary RH7

Quote from: sanzomat on 15, February, 2016, 07:23:32 AM
(apologies for dreadful name retention)

No problem Trigger :P Wait till you get to my age :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

sanzomat

Here's an idea for a site enhancement then - how about the members list has a field for a mugshot of the individual and a pic of their car(s) and what their actual name is. Then, when I can't remember who it was I was talking to, when I get home I can have a look in the member list, find a pic that matches (either the person or the car - more likely to remember the car!) and then know the name (eventually!)

CrisisWolf

Generally well behaved but one bright orange Lambo clearly didn't think he stood out enough already so felt the need to demonstrate the noise of his engine and as I left was testing his 0-60 (maybe even 0-100) times along Prince St. In the town with the biggest concentration of CCTV in the UK he may live to regret that!

I saw this orange lambo in Keynsham a bit before mid-day, on his way home I assume!

Crunchie Gears

Quote from: sanzomat on 15, February, 2016, 01:13:17 PM
Here's an idea for a site enhancement then - how about the members list has a field for a mugshot of the individual and a pic of their car(s) and what their actual name is. Then, when I can't remember who it was I was talking to, when I get home I can have a look in the member list, find a pic that matches (either the person or the car - more likely to remember the car!) and then know the name (eventually!)

but some people change cars like hats  :o  ;)

sanzomat

Quote from: Crunchie Gears on 15, February, 2016, 04:22:04 PM

Hopefully they don't change their faces or names that often though!

I've had the same hat for over ten years - its seen at least 5 cars through!

Facial Hair Optional

Generally well behaved but one bright orange Lambo clearly didn't think he stood out enough already so felt the need to demonstrate the noise of his engine and as I left was testing his 0-60 (maybe even 0-100) times along Prince St. In the town with the biggest concentration of CCTV in the UK he may live to regret that!

Did he have a for sale sign in the car Dave? There is one for sale in Yate and from time to time he gives it a blat around the town, trying to attract buyers maybe?!!!  :D  £229,000 I believe if any of you guys have very deep pockets?

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Crunchie Gears on 15, February, 2016, 04:22:04 PM
Quote from: sanzomat on 15, February, 2016, 01:13:17 PM

You're a very naughty man Paul!!!!  :P

Moleman

To be fair I don't always want to remember some of you once I've met you.  :-* :P :P :P

& some of you it's hard to forget you after I have met you.  :-* :P :P :P

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Moleman on 15, February, 2016, 08:11:04 PM
To be fair I don't always want to remember some of you once I've met you.  :-* :P :P :P

& some of you it's hard to forget you after I have met you.  :-* :P :P :P

You're such a Saturday night party animal Col, I'm surprised you even remember where Queen Square is come Sunday morning mate!!

Moleman

Your so right mate. I was up all night. It's just a shame it was grouting tiles this time.  :(

Facial Hair Optional

Ha ha! Well I've never heard it called that before !!!  :o

Married life eh mate, has she got you well trained now? Seriously though, it's one of those jobs that has to be done I guess.

Has your back lane dried out now? If not it'll be an ice rink come morning, it's gonna freeze up good and proper tonight I hear.

damouk

Hairy Santa

Quote from: CrisisWolf on 15, February, 2016, 04:21:07 PM

I saw this orange lambo in Keynsham a bit before mid-day, on his way home I assume!

that's the one I asked how fast his 0-60 was ---  2.5 seconds I was told !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!