News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Hello from Mattsmev

Started by mattsmev, 18, July, 2010, 04:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattsmev

Hello

Can i join in with you guys please?

I drive a MEV Rocket, but need to find a community of like minded folk for run outs, trackdays, car shows and road trips.  I am currently a member of the local Robin Hood Club, they are great guys, but numbers are dropping and my car needs some new friends.

I note you have a trip next weekend, at the moment i am busy, but i'll try to shift my diary around a bit and perhaps i can join you.

Excellent website, looks like you have loads going on.

Cheers

Mattsmev

WALNUT

Hi mattsmev welcome to the club, Ive got a feeling I know you. Arent you the bulider of my car.

Tony

Bulldog Bri

Welcome to the club Matt, of course you can join in  ;D

How local are you? Hope you can make some club meets as well

Yes, we've got a run out planned for next weekend though it will be weather dependant for a lot of drivers.

8)

mattsmev

Thanks Bulldog and Wallnut

Yes, i am the builder of wallnuts car.  I hope it's OK, I note the comment on the run to le mans, I have just been there last weekend and the Corsa Spider would go down a storm, if you take it steady it would get there fine.

I live in Corsham, quite a bit East of Bristol, but i see there are some members in Box and Chippenham, all very local to me

Cheers

Mattsmev

dave_bence

Hello and welcome Matt ;D

I think we've already met - on a trackday or two.

mattsmev

Thanks dave

yep, we met at Collerne in March.  Thanks for the welcome.

Cheers

Mattsmev

YellaBelly

Hi Matt, and welcome.

I live around 20mins from Chippenham (about 1/2-way between Wootton Bassett and Malmesbury).

Even further for me to get to meets, but once I finish the car (if ever!) I'll be looking for any excuse to drive it  8)

Just annoying that I always seem to be travelling when there is something going on, but that's the way I guess.

If you ever get bored and fancy a run out into the country let me know. You're welcome to come over and scorn my build and have a cuppa :)

JB

'The Gaffer'

A very warm welcome to our club Matt. Look forward to meeting you and your car.

If you havent already, please feel free to post some pics in the gallery :)

Were you at this CKC / Omex trackday at Llandow this year?

'Mendip Wurzel'

Welcome Matt, nice car.

Where does the local Robin Hood club meet, I didn't know there was one.

mattsmev

Thanks Yellabelly - i do a great teeth sucking and i can kick wheel with the best of them.  As soon as i get a hankering for a run I'll give you a shout, that would be good.

Hi G&Tonic, I was doing my best at llandow this year, but the cuircuit was more tricky than it looks.  I also looked at some pictures that were taken and adjusted my rear camber and ride height, much better now.

Mendip Wurzel.  The Robin Hood Club meet at the Conpass Pub, Tormartin on the second Sunday of the month.  Next meeting on Aug 8th at 8:00.  Details are in the 'boys in hoods' mag, are you a member of RHOCAR?

Cheers

Mattsmev

Bulldog Bri

Thats the same evening we have our meetings.

How about getting them to join us at a pub somewhere in between we're looking to do a pub/run/pub eve this time. Maybe the Griffon pub at Bridgeyate (just down and past Wick on the A420 for you guys. We'll be coming over from the Keynsham area.  ;D

8)

David H

Psymon

Richard

Warm welcome - seem to recall you dropped by at Stoneleigh or am I having another "funny turn" ?

Hope to see you and your latest creation soon.

stupott901

Denzle

A very big welcome Matt. 

You will find this club is the tops.
A happy and very helpful load of nutters.  But that helps.

Denzle.

mattsmev

Thanks everyone, what a friendly place this forum is! I did pop over to see some of you at stonleigh and it has taken a while to join this forum, but the strength of these replies makes me really keen to join in on a run as soon as I can. Life is quite busy, I am working away this week ( using my iPod to keep up with this forum) but I be along as soon as I can

Cheers

Mattsmev

Psymon

looks like you have the best colour for a car also  ;D cant wait to check out that Mev

Si  :D :D :D

mattsmev

Thanks everyone.  Yes I did pop over at stoneleigh.  I was camping with the MEV guys who have a core of members that get together at most of the shows.

It was good to meet some of you and at last i have joined the forum and i hope to get out with you all soon.

BTW The area sec of the Robin hood club can be found on this forum as ace fettler.

Cheers

Mattsmev

Quarrycars

Hi Matt, welcome to the club. ;D
Interested to hear that you built the Corsa, it's a car I'm interested in but haven't had a chance to look at yet.  I was wondering how complex you found the build.  Was it difficult to get the Spitfire suspension to work with the lighter body?

mattsmev

Hi Quarry cars

i love the Corsa, it's such a pretty car.  Quite a difficult build, with the kit falliing far short of what i would consider a kit.  lots of engineering solutions needed but a great fun build as well.  I hope Tony is enjoying it, but it will be a little demanding due to the age of the donor.

you can find more details at http://www.corsaspyder.com/

Cheers

Mattsmev