+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

my first kit car..warminster

Started by shagracer, 02, August, 2010, 12:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shagracer

hello all, im "eric"  what a great looking site you have here & not to far away.
well last night i won the aution for a Lo cost7 1800cc, picking it up this coming saturday. this will be for track days and the local blast now and then. ive done castle combe in 4 makes of road cars, a prelude 2.2vtec, mx5, 944S, 328i. now i keep having fears have i done the right thing as this has cost me more than any of the other cars i keep thinking god ive bought a 1800 sierra...! can any of you reasure me that i will be pleased with it..... ???

'The Gaffer'

Hi Eric and a warm welcome to our club and thanks for the site compliment.

You dont say what type of 1800 engine you have but what kit cars have on thier side is wieght - or should I say lack of it.

This makes, in most cases, for a much more effecient power to weight ratio compared to typical road going cars. You should find your car pretty quick and nimble on track providing its set up right etc etc.

Locosts do vary in build quality but I assume you checked the car over before you bought it, or did you by it blind? Do you have a link for the car?

Good luck regardless and I'm sure you wont regret your purchase, just be prepared to tinker a bit to get it right just for you, but hey thats half the fun.

Hope to see you soon.

Grin-a-lot

Hello, i've only been here a week or so and bought a used Westfield at the weekend.  Its my first kit car; i've driven it for about 2.5hrs and its an absolute scream!  Its a 1.7L engine 135bhp (allegedly) and plenty fast enough for me.  On the twisty roads it makes me scream like a school girl at a Take That concert.   :o

If yours is anything like mine then you'll be well chuffed.

WALNUT

Im sure you will be very pleased with it, the only down side I can think of is you may suffer with cramp in your face, from the permanent smile you will have every time you drive it, plus a fly or two in your teeth.

Tony

stupott901

Hi there and welcome

yes you will love the driving experience its a deffinate grin factor 

shagracer

thanks for the welcome & words of encouragement, i do think it will be the case of try it alter it then alter the next thing, but at least with this sort of car you can do most of the things your self or at least take them off and take the bits some where to get done. roll on saturday.
oh it was item No 290456728526 off ebay not sure if you can still see it

Psymon

Welcome to the club  :D
Looks like a nice car at what looks like a good price well done !!

Cheers Si  :D :D ;D

'Mendip Wurzel'

I just had a lokk at the car on ebay, it's still showing. Looks like a nice car.

Bulldog Bri

Hiya and welcome

Just get out in it and you'll answer all your Q's in the first 5 min's  ;)

Enjoy it, bring it along to a club meeting soon.

8)

foggy

Funny enough, I have been buying a few articles on e-bay over the week-end. Saw that car on there, I thought to myself, what a nice looking car. There's still a picture on there.  If I could have fitted one more car in the garage, I might have been tempted myself. Enjoy.

paintman

Well done on the buy.....most 7 type of kit cars will have you smiling 'cause they will be doing 0-60 in around 6 secs. or less with a basic engine.

You won't get the the top end you had with the vtec (i had one, great car) but for pure acceleration and overtaking speeds you can't beat them. ;)

Have fun..... Tony  (i'm only in Frome if you want a run out any time  PM me)

shagracer

thanks all, nice to see some of you are even closer to me than i thought, will meet up once i get a miles under my belt, cheers

'The Gaffer'

Looks smart and good value.

See you in it soon :)

YellaBelly

Hello and welcome.

Certainly a nice looking car you got, I'm sure it will be quick enough (for now ;) )

JB

David H

shagracer

had time to kill today so ive had a go at putting 2 photos of it on hear

hope that works, hope its dry for saturday pick up  8)

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: shagracer on 02, August, 2010, 09:12:26 PM
thanks all, nice to see some of you are even closer to me than i thought, will meet up once i get a miles under my belt, cheers

Oh yes, We're everywhere  :D have look at the Members Map and add youself on there to.

8)

stupott901

it looks a nice car anytime you want to go out for a blast just let me know and ill join you im only in trowbridge

stu

'The Gaffer'

Nice!!

I have added pic as your avatar :)

shagracer

Quote from: stupott901 on 03, August, 2010, 06:32:32 PM
anytime you want to go out for a blast just let me know and ill join you im only in trowbridge

stu
thanks stu, if its dry on sunday morning my first port of call will be JENS CAFE at nunney (behine the layby) just out of Frome we get there for 9.00am
maybe paintman could make it as well (i'll pm him if the pick up goes good)

Quote from: G & Toniq on 03, August, 2010, 11:25:06 PM
I have added pic as your avatar :)

Thanks for avatar G&T

mattsmev

Hi Eric

Welcome, I am sure you will love your car.  I am another member who lives East of Bristol, (in Corsham to be precise) I am on holiday for a few weeks now, but I am sure we can tie up for a run out some time.

Do you fancy the CKC track day on Sep 18th, we could go in convoy if you want.

Cheers

Mattsmev

shagracer

Quote from: mattsmev on 04, August, 2010, 12:36:39 PM

Do you fancy the CKC track day on Sep 18th, we could go in convoy if you want.

Cheers

Mattsmev

hi mat
ive looked at the thread, but i had better wait and see that theres no hidden nasty bits with the 7 b4 i commit to something this big, but it would be my cup of tea if all goes well, this has been a long and tortuous week just waiting for saturday to come.

paintman

We could have a blast across the Mendips if you like Eric.....lots of nice roads and not much traffic.   Would be a good area to get used to the car with breakfast of coarse!! ;)

Tony

dave_bence

shagracer

just back from picking the car up (well around 6.30ish) m25 was as bad as ever  ???
i think the car could do with a real good setting up at all four corners,

will only be taking the car to jens cafe if its dry sunday morning @ 9.

will be getting an early night tonight thats for sure.

cheers for now, eric

shagracer

sorry guys, it just wasnt me, i have now sold,
thanks to all the warm welcomes that you gave me & i still think this is a very good & helpfull site/forum.
thanks again.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: shagracer on 18, September, 2010, 01:27:45 PM
sorry guys, it just wasnt me, i have now sold,
thanks to all the warm welcomes that you gave me & i still think this is a very good & helpfull site/forum.
thanks again.

Really sorry it didnt work out for you, maybe it was just that particular car :(

Glad you found us though and you are welcome anytime, especially if you decide to try another kit in the future :)

evolution

Hi Eric,
What were your reasons for selling?  Was it the car? The weather? Other areas of disappointment?
I'm sure weach and every one of the owners on here will give you a story of woe and then balance/outweigh with stories that remind them why they bought/built the car they own.