News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

An un expected journey

Started by Bulldog Bri, 11, October, 2014, 07:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulldog Bri

On Thursday eve, my son phones me up and asked if I could possibly take him to a University open day. 'Yeah no worries, Where? and when?' Saturday in Plymouth! Err, Umm. Ok. Says I. Now my Bulldog hasn't been in best health of resent, grumbling gearbox being just one of it's problems. So on Friday morning, faced with a 140mile trip each way I did the few quick servicing jobs I could do including topping up the gearbox oil and hoped it would be enough.
I'm not one to push the speed on the motorways, I keep to around 55 only, any faster and overheating becomes a problem, set off around 7:45 this morning picked my boy up and off we went, a full mixed bag of weather on the way down, fog rain, low sun but the Bulldog just kept going, even when we got to Plymouth and landed in solid traffic for nearly half an hour getting through town then finding a parking spot we arrived, in only 3 hours! The Uni looked great, free lunch and lots of sunshine. Then it was time to head home, this time clear road all the way and done in just over 2.5 hours.

280miles in one day and my little Bulldog behaved beautifully, Just flippin' tired now. So think I'll be giving Queens Sq a miss tomoz. Catch you all at another meet.  ;D

8)

Iancider

Well done,

Is that the source of the Bulldog breed? 8)

'The Gaffer'

Hairy Santa

nice one Bri -

I hear he's interested in the Glasgow University open day also  ;)