News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Queens Square meet. March 9th.

Started by Moleman, 03, March, 2014, 08:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moleman

That does look a while back. Rob looks a lot older these days.  :P

Iancider

He does look seriously cool though - focussed, intense even 8)

Bulldog Bri

Going by the date on the tread it was 2009, prob' only just got it! :o

8)

robp

Quote from: Iancider on 20, March, 2014, 10:00:21 PM
.... focussed, intense even 8)

Nah, my face had frozen after a trip down the M32 with no windscreen!  :P

robp

I really enjoy heading down the Queen's Square for these meetings.  There is always something new to see.

I have a slight concern however.  The meeting is at risk of becoming a victim of it's own success.  Word is going around and every month (weather depending) it is getting more busy.  Look at this month.  All the parking spaces were full before 9am.  Then the double parking starts.  Not necessarily an issue on a Sunday morning perhaps and we're not blocking any main roads.  The police are down there now.  They have been very friendly so far but may start asking questions if they feel we're blocking access to emergency vehicles.

benchmark51

Quote from: robp on 21, March, 2014, 01:06:42 PM
I really enjoy heading down the Queen's Square for these meetings.  There is always something new to see.

I have a slight concern however.  The meeting is at risk of becoming a victim of it's own success.  Word is going around and every month (weather depending) it is getting more busy.  Look at this month.  All the parking spaces were full before 9am.  Then the double parking starts.  Not necessarily an issue on a Sunday morning perhaps and we're not blocking any main roads.  The police are down there now.  They have been very friendly so far but may start asking questions if they feel we're blocking access to emergency vehicles.

I had that thought myself, it seems all types of vehicles are joining in tractors, jcb's, perhaps custom hgv's next? I saw the meeting being recommended on a BMW site this week so expect a showing from them too. I can't think of a venue thats going to be able to cope with it if the expansion continues. Only a matter of time before the authorities start twitching. Really hope a solution is found as losing this event would be a tragedy. Need a disused airfield or something?

'Mendip Wurzel'

If the Police start getting complaints from either property owners or the Public then that is likely to kill the event, which is a shame. Something similar happened with the Piston Heads meeting in Cheddar which got too big and the complaints followed, and that was the end of the big events. They sometimes have smaller meeting but nothing like the events of a few years ago.

benchmark51

Maybe the answer is to segregate  each type of vehicle - hgv, agricultural, kit, historic ect ect and hold different meets for each. I'm into kits, but still find a well turned out hgv beautiful. The work and dedication that goes into each group is whats important. How about each different group delegating someone to liase with other groups to organise individual meets. That way all meets can be preserved without incurring thr wrath of the authoriries

Hairy Santa

be to keep it going, but I think our time is marked

once the burke with the Red Trousers decides its for push bikes only that will be the end  >:(

Iancider

Steady on Pet, I've got red trousers but I draw the line a push-bikes! :D

Moleman

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 22, March, 2014, 04:20:43 PM
be to keep it going, but I think our time is marked

once the burke with the Red Trousers decides its for push bikes only that will be the end  >:(

I think you are right on that one mate.  :(

Sprint 7

Pete, I guess you mean the disrespectfull prat who wore his RED trousers to the armistice  service on the centre last November. Right up there with you on that one bud. >:( >:(