Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Under 17 car club magic day.

Started by Moleman, 26, February, 2014, 09:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

Under 17 car club magic day. 29th June. Castle Combe.

I don't have a lot of information on this just yet but I will keep you updated when I know more.

This event is held by the Under 17 Car Club. to raise money for Teenage Cancer Trust.

The Under 17 Car Club is a club where people under the age of 17 can drive motor vehicles. It was started in 1976 by author Sandy Barrie who realised there was no opportunity for youngsters under seventeen to drive cars. The Club is run entirely by volunteers with no full or part-time paid staff.

The aim of the club is "to enable under age drivers to practice and improve their driving skills legally and safely, in a variety of different vehicles, under properly supervised conditions, and to take an active interest in cars and motor sport and ultimately to produce safer young drivers on our roads at age 17 and beyond".

Magic Day - A day when Members and Associates have a great chance to ride in many exotic, classic & unusual cars. The range of car marques attending each year is incredible, including Lamborghini, Ferrari, Porsche, Aston Martin, Jaguar, Lotus, Caterham, AC, Audi, TVR, MG, NG, BMW, Mazda, Toyota etc. We run the event each year and raise money for the Teenage Cancer Trust.

http://www.under17-carclub.co.uk/index.php?page=activities

http://www.under17-carclub.co.uk/

I have been in contact with the organizer of this event & is very happy if we could help with this. This is not a track day, the circuit will be two way divided into sections with roundabouts and junctions and many of our members will be driving on circuit. As far as I know so far it is open for the general public to come to this event & pay to be driven around the circuit. All proceeds going to Teenage  Cancer Trust. So they would pay for us to drive them around the circuit to experience our cars.  :D

One rule imposed on us by the circuit is a strict 105Db noise limit which may preclude some of the cars.

I think this would be a good way to introduce the younger generation to our cars & show them what Kit Cars are all about, Get them off their playstation's.  :D  As well as do some good.  :D
I will also be asking the club if they would like us to see if we can do anything else for them? Visit there club etc?

What do you think of this? anyone up for it? ;D

Moleman

Just to say in case I haven't explained it right. We will be driving our cars around the circuit not the under 17's or public. They just pay for us to drive them around the circuit & the experience of being in something different.  :D

Iancider

Sounds like a good idea - I will support it.

Ian

chris61

WALNUT

Ahh, thats a bit better. Im up for a bit of that.

benchmark51

Ok, sounds good. Where when and how do we get our noise levels tested.

Cos when I turn my hearing aids off I can quite comfortably sit in a room
full of mother in laws with no pain at all!!!  ;D

Moleman

Sorry Dave. It is at Castle Combe race circuit. You will get your noise check done there on the day.

http://www.under17-carclub.co.uk/ This link has some more pictures of the day.

I will give out more info when I get it.  :)

Sprint 7

If the "Magic Day" is to raise money for charity for teenagers with cancer ,how can anyone not put their name down to help out ,if they're able to on the chosen date.
Don't know what my plans are that far ahead as yet, but put me down as a definite possible(if that makes sense) :) :)

Lucky Ed

Put me down for this one, it looks like a really good cause.

It's a long way ahead but should be able to make it

Ok, Going so far.   1, Moleman
                         2, Iancider
                         3, Chris61
                         4, Walnut
                         5, Benchmark51
                         6, Sprint 7
                         7, Lucky Ed

fullpint

With the limit of 105 DB's means its a no go (well on the track) for me. Good cause tho so I may pop along. Pop me down Colin.  8)

Iancider

Wow Fullpint,

That's quite loud.  Mine scored 92 dB at the IVA with throttle bodies.  Each 3db is a doubling of the sound energy (power) so yours is 13 db louder - that's 2x2x2x2 and a bit times more sound output, errrr more than 16 times more.... :o :o :o 8) 

Were you the cause of the earth tremor last week by any chance? ;D ;D ;D   I look forward to hearing her sing!

Ian

Moleman

Ok, Going so far.   1, Moleman
                         2, Iancider
                         3, Chris61
                         4, Walnut
                         5, Benchmark51
                         6, Sprint 7
                         7, Lucky Ed
                         8, Fullpint

Anyone else?

I will put up more information when I have it. :)

Iancider

Moleman,

I have the magic day in my diary for Sunday but have no details.  What will the arrangements be - when do we turn up and how long for?  I presume it will be a tour of the tack with a speed limit or pace car.  Is it a Crash Helmet event for instance?

I've looked for information on their website but you need to be registered to log-in.

Regards
Ian

Moleman

Sorry mate. This one is a was a not to be in the end. I forgot to put it up. I had a register form which turned out they was hoping you would let other people drive your car to which I thought wouldn't happen. You don't have too but I thought you would looked bad if you didn't.

Iancider

Fair point,

That would be a clear no - so thanks for the update.