News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Newly joined.

Started by John Gow, 18, March, 2019, 12:05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Gow

Hi,
I've newly joined and live in Weston-super-Mare. I currently own a Triumph based Marlin Roadster,with a 2 litre Pinto and a Pike Predator with a Ford Cologne 2.8i engine.

benchmark51

Lovely cars. Always liked the Marlin, just not keen on the pointy shape on the bottom of the screen. The Pike is lovely. Never seen one before. If I had to choose I would probably do the same as you. Have 'em both!!

fullpint

Agree, that Pike is lovely...

John Gow

Thanks gents. The Pike started as a Merlin which the Pike motor company took, cut and widened by 6" and added various improvements, like a small boot, to form the prototype.
Only 7 cars were produced of which this one was the only one in kit form, the other 6 were turnkey.
The donor for mine was the Ford Sierra with the Cologne 2.8i engine and 5 speed box.
2 of the factory produced cars, a 2.0 litre and a 2.9 litre were sold in the UK but I have not been able to trace them. The remaining 4 cars were taken to Germany and Belgium where they hoped to attain TUV approval but this proved difficult and expensive and the company folded. Unfortunately a Belgium buyer was found and whilst transporting the jigs, moulds and demonstrator cars the vehicle was involved in an accident and all went up in flames.
80% of the moulds were recovered and are in my possession, as the original owner, whom I purchased the Pike from, was hoping to reproduce the marque. However not enough interest was shown and he lost interest.