News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Dry Sunday? Run Out?

Started by Grin-a-lot, 17, July, 2012, 10:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grin-a-lot

It's supposed to be nice Sunday, anyone fancy meeting?  Doesn't have to be all day (I've only got a range of 80miles anyways)!

Was thinking about a blat to Chew Valley lake late morning where we can remortgage to buy a cup of tea and a slice of cake.

Other suggestions/timings welcome but its a starter for 10.

paintman

Put my name down but i'll meet you on route ........we could even go somewhere for breakfast maybe.;)

Tony

stupott901

Sounds good to me as well as long as im not sent away on Op Olympics

Tony ill text you

'Mendip Wurzel'

Hairy Santa

looks like the weather is gonna behave itself as well

dont forget the bread to feed the ducks  :P

Sumov8

;D  I could be about from North Bristol, any one this side of town want to meet up on the way over?

Grin-a-lot

I'll be coming from Coalpit Heath & itd be nice to meet up and convoy down.

'Mendip Wurzel'

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 19, July, 2012, 06:49:05 PM
looks like the weather is gonna behave itself as well

dont forget the bread to feed the ducks  :P

So what is the planned location for breakfast or lunch, otherwise Pete will be eating the bread for the ducks to calm his appetite

paintman

We could go to Cheddar for breakfast then convoy to Chew Valley if you like???

'Mendip Wurzel'

Quote from: paintman on 19, July, 2012, 10:58:17 PM
We could go to Cheddar for breakfast then convoy to Chew Valley if you like???

Sounds good, we could do Cheddar for breakfast and then convoy over to Woodford Lodge, which overlooks the Chew Lake for coffee where Pete can feed the ducks or if he is still hungry eat the bread. 

Sumov8

Grin A Lot do you want to meet out side the George and Dragon pub in Winterborne, any time should be fine :)

Grin-a-lot

What sort of time do we want to meet at Chew Valley Lake? I might skip breakfast &just do tea and cake.

paintman

What route are you Bristol lot taking to get to Cheddar?

paintman

Meet at Bath Arms Hotel Cheddar (BS273AA) at 10.30-10.45 am Sunday morning then on to Chew Valley to meet up at approx 12.am ...... is this ok.    Which route are you coming from?

Sumov8

From Bristol I would head down the A38 past the airport, up Burrington Coombe and then down the Gorge to the hotel   :P :P

'Mendip Wurzel'

Quote from: paintman on 21, July, 2012, 03:01:44 PM
Meet at Bath Arms Hotel Cheddar (BS273AA) at 10.30-10.45 am Sunday morning then on to Chew Valley to meet up at approx 12.am ...... is this ok.    Which route are you coming from?

All okay with me, I plan to be at the Bath Arms Cheddar for the 10.30-10.45 meet.... weather looks great.

paintman

Anyone else coming????    Santa????

fullpint

Depends upon how much sleep we get tonight!! Last night we had the Grandson (20 weeks old) and he was up EVERY 90mins........ :(
Cant make the morning but may make the noon at the lake...

Grin-a-lot

What time do you want to meet in Winterbourne? Ive only just woken up!

'Mendip Wurzel'

Bath Arms 10.30 to 10.45am... today.

paintman

Sumov8 is coming from Bristol 0n the A38, do you want his number?

'Mendip Wurzel'

Tone.... for me probably best to meet at Bath Arms as I have to get petrol and a few other things... I'm ready to go.

Grin-a-lot

If you could message it to me then that'd be good thanks.

fullpint

Bummer, can't make it..... Being a Grand-parent is great but why young parents can't manage god only knows... Will hopefully see some of you at Calne next Saturday... BEC that is  ;D

Grin-a-lot

Still on for Woodford Lodge or the visitor centre at the lake?

stupott901

Nice drive out apart from the tractor, cyclist and carvans, god to meet up and weather was lovely

Grin-a-lot

Great photo!  Good day out and nice to meet in the sunshine!

Had a nice drive back with SumoV8 who came to my rescue when I broke down on the A4174!  The pin holding the clutch cable to the pedal popped out.  Found it, replaced it and with a healthy application of phase tape I made it home!

A timely reminder that I need to carry a small tool kit in the car with me as well!

Hairy Santa

Nice photo

just put on for run out tonight if you feel up to it  - got to make the most of this weather

put you name down on the other thread if your coming

fullpint

I went for a local blast whilst I could!!!!!!!!!! Good job I never made the trek  :o
I thought it was strange my fan was running, ok I know its warm but not that warm.. Walked around my car to find coolant all over the rear arch.. My photo would of been me fixing the Mk Indy or worse case a blown engine.. Fixing it now. Turns out a hose came off the top of the rad..

Hairy Santa

that could have been expensive

fullpint

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 22, July, 2012, 05:53:49 PM
that could have been expensive
Tell me about it.. Lost 2 litres of fluid!!!!!!!!!!! Just back came from a test run (approx 20 miles) and all seems fine, 78 degrees running temp.
I a way I'm glad I never made it to the Valley cause you can't really see the temp on my poxy digi-dash..

paintman

Nice to meet up in the sun for a change! 8)     Great brekkie and a pint at the lake.....no problems going home with Stupott except we got split up with a caravan......never saw him again.  :(

Tony

'Mendip Wurzel'

Quote from: stupott901 on 22, July, 2012, 04:02:49 PM
Nice drive out apart from the tractor, cyclist and carvans, god to meet up and weather was lovely

Very enjoyable morning .... just brillaint to get out in the sun. Without the wife in the car I flew home at a much quicker rate than normal, great fun.

stupott901

Really good to get out in the sun for a change and I didnt even get sun burnt due to my fair complextion well i did plaster my self with sun lotion

stupott901

Found some more pictures on the cmera of going up the gorge

fullpint

I love that route. Done a few trips to the gorge now both on 2 and 4 wheels. Must get another run in soon...

'Mendip Wurzel'

stupott901

Yeah Yvonne must have a artistic streak