+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Queens square

Started by foggy, 11, May, 2013, 08:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foggy

Can't make it tomorrow some of the parts I ordered have not arrived  when the engine  heats up it starts to miss think I know what causing it

Moleman

Hope you get it sorted soon Foggy.  :(

Anyone else going? I gess the normal guys will be there?  :D

WALNUT

I never relised there were any normal guys in the club.
                                                                                       Tony

Moleman

Bulldog Bri

Well we'll be there dunno about normal either.

8)

YellaBelly

Nope :(

Still in the middle of sorting my brakes, the new MC I received was the wrong one!

fullpint

No show for me........ Had the grandson last night and did he sleep!!!! :( :( :( :(
Also off to look at a car later

WALNUT

Went to the Sq, good turn out of cars,All the NORMAL crowd were there, which means there were a lot of nutters walking about. LOL

Moleman

It was nice to see a gathering of nutters in one place.  :D
Nice to see tony's new car. It seems to get alot of interest.  :D &  It's a litttle bit bigger than his last on.  ;D

Daley Down Under

Quote from: YellaBelly on 12, May, 2013, 06:56:38 AM
Nope :(

Still in the middle of sorting my brakes, the new MC I received was the wrong one!

Bugger

Almondsburyhills

Great morning out in the square, good selection of motors, Tony`s new motor is a real cool looking car, managed to get home just as the rain started  8)

Pilgrim Anna

Nice morning in the square. A good selection of cars!
Walnuts car looks fab. :P Here are a few pics!

;D

Hairy Santa

good turn out today at the Square, lots of nice cars , almost filled it to overflowing, nice to see everyone out in good weather

Tony brought his new - Charabanc-  ;) -  sorry car down, quite a few nice comments were heard to be made regarding it

here are a few shots I took of his and mine

Dixie

Thought Tony had a MR2/Ferrari?

WALNUT

Dixie. thats a sore point.
                                          Tony

fullpint

Tony your car looks awesome.  8)

YellaBelly

One word Tony.....BEAST!!......Love it  8)

Can't wait to see it in the flesh ;)

foggy

Made it after all dare I say it on my bush bike  nice to see  you all there and tony what a nice pice of kit that is  looks the bussiness

'The Gaffer'

After getting up at some unearthly hour on a Sunday morning to go to Queens Square I was actually pleased I made the effort. It was a big turn out and it was nice to catch up with a few BKCC members.

I took a few pics..

Grin-a-lot

Some nice photos and I'm gutted I didn't make it, the car failed the MOT so there was a bit of work to do - all sorted now though!

Biggest issue was the nuts on the engine mount bolts had vibrated off so wasn't secured! Check yet nuts gents!

fullpint

Quote from: Grin-a-lot on 13, May, 2013, 02:23:29 PM
Some nice photos and I'm gutted I didn't make it,
ditto. Some fresh cars on display.

robp

Great to see everyone yesterday.  Dry weather meant there was a good turn out of cars.  A little nostalgic for me too as these were parked near me; my first car and my first motorbike.....

Saab 99.  My wasn't a turbo though unfortunately.

RD250LC.  Mine was a 350 but looked just like this one.  I had so much fun on this bike.  Engine sounded like a wasp in a bottle at idle but turned into a crazy banshee wail when you hit the powerband at 6000rpm! 
Fond memories.  :D

'The Gaffer'

Agreed Rob, very nostalgic. I too had a Saab 99 but it was an EMS variant, quite a solid car from memory.

I loved that RD250, always wanted one but settled on the Suzuki GT250 and a Kawasaki KH250 till I passed my bike test. I stuck with Japanese 2 strokes for many years after.

Lucky Ed

The pic of the RD stirred a few memories with me too, I loved those old two strokes. I had a KH250 triple with expansion pipes on and it sounded awesome, but I never quite sorted the fueling out but the noise it made, made up for the lumpy running. I'm still riding bikes today and I'm amazed how we stayed alive on those things, the handling was appalling, the tyres were crap and those early disc brakes didn't work at all in the wet :o

Oh happy days 8)

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Lucky Ed on 13, May, 2013, 08:45:56 PM
The pic of the RD stirred a few memories with me too, I loved those old two strokes. I had a KH250 triple with expansion pipes on and it sounded awesome, but I never quite sorted the fueling out but the noise it made, made up for the lumpy running. I'm still riding bikes today and I'm amazed how we stayed alive on those things, the handling was appalling, the tyres were crap and those early disc brakes didn't work at all in the wet :o

Oh happy days 8)

Couldn't agree more, after passing my test I worked through the GT380 then the GT550 in the suzuki's, both really nice smooth bikes with interesting handling and braking but I still felt reasonably safe on them. On the Kawasaki front I worked my way through The 400 S3 then the H2 750 and I could see why they called that 750 the widow maker, the thing was insane :o

Sold the H2 after one close shave too many and went for a Kawasaki 4 stroke 900 Z1B. Lovely bike that was, only mod was a steering damper which helped it go round corners better.

Still cant resist having a look on eBay once in a while for old bikes, wish I'd kept my classics they are worth a fortune now :(