News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Sad Day (and new beginning)

Started by Daley Down Under, 25, November, 2013, 08:32:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daley Down Under

Hi all,

After 4 years of fantastic Spire ownership, the Marlboro Car is up for sale in QLD.  I've already had a lot of interest and the car has only been up for sale for a few days.  I'm sure the new owner will enjoy the car as much as me  :D

I've started a pre-89 import 'business' and need garage space for the RR Silver Spirit, Morgan 4/4 1600, Porsche 944 Turbo and TVR 350i (not to mention a bit of working capital)!!

Here's the new flock (the 1st two are on their way to Oz - arriving end Jan 14 and the 2nd two will be leaving before Xmas - arriving end Feb 14):

I say new flock but they are only the new flock until they are sold  :(    Watch this space

Will still have the Moke though  :D

Cheers Adrian

Bulldog Bri

Must admit, a little surprised :o after spending all that time getting it over to Oz then having to make all those changes to get it road legal ::)

Was also hoping to see some pics of the car out on some Aussy track days as well. :'(

But as times move on, I'll be first to wish you good luck in the new venture. Looks like some good cars for starters there :P

8)

Daley Down Under

Thanks Bri - I think half the problem was the 15 months it took to get the car road legal and the 6 months to get it here (that's nearly 2 years without driving the car).  May still get a track day in - need to set a lap time at Lakeside.

Cheers Adrian

YellaBelly

Wow! As Bri said, bit of a shock, but it looks like you are off to a flying start there Adrian ;)

Let's hope it all goes well and you make your first million (or maybe it'll be your second?) :D

Make sure you keep us informed and good luck with the venture ;)

Daley Down Under

Thanks JB - I'll just settle for enough to keep me out of a project office for a while  :D

May be a chauffeur business with the RR?  Who knows - also quite fancy keeping the 944 or the TVR (or both?)  :o

Cheers Adrian

Hairy Santa

Thumb's up to you Adrian

hope the new venture goes well for you mate

you will be driving Farrari and Lambo's for every day transport soon  :)

Daley Down Under

Cheers Pete - as long as they're built before 89 who knows  :D

Adrian

Moleman

You will hate it when it's gone.  Best of luck though Adrian.  :)

Or do we have to call you Authur Daley now?  :P

garry h

It takes alot of hard work and time so best of luck with your new venture sounds like you are off to a good start and doing something you enjoy . :)

YZFMINI

dave_bence

Another surprised BKCC member here :o

Good luck in your new venture 8)

I'm sure you'll still have plenty of fun in the Moke, but at slightly lower speeds ;D

Daley Down Under

Quote from: Moleman on 25, November, 2013, 07:30:31 PM
You will hate it when it's gone.  Best of luck though Adrian.  :)

Or do we have to call you Authur Daley now?  :P

Colin - there's no doubt that will be the case.  I've owned a BEC since 2006 but needs must.  Looking forward to keeping in touch with all things BKCC though.

And I reckon it should be Bruce Daley (Arthur's Australian cousin)  :D

Daley Down Under

Quote from: garry h on 25, November, 2013, 07:44:10 PM
It takes alot of hard work and time so best of luck with your new venture sounds like you are off to a good start and doing something you enjoy . :)

Thanks Garry - it's enjoyable work though and linked to my hobby.  100 times better than being sat in a office.

Daley Down Under

Quote from: YZFMINI on 25, November, 2013, 08:58:05 PM
Goog luck hope it all goes well..

Thanks Col - I'll find something else to fit a bike engine into  :D

Daley Down Under

Quote from: dave_bence on 25, November, 2013, 09:37:31 PM
Another surprised BKCC member here :o

Good luck in your new venture 8)

I'm sure you'll still have plenty of fun in the Moke, but at slightly lower speeds ;D

Thanks Dave - I enjoy keeping you all on you toes  :D

Perhaps a bike engine in the Moke?

Cheers Adrian

'The Gaffer'

Great support from the club Adrian. Sad loss but the moke is still a worthy member :)

Wish you all the best with your new venture 8)

Daley Down Under

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 25, November, 2013, 11:56:42 PM
Great support from the club Adrian. Sad loss but the moke is still a worthy member :)

Wish you all the best with your new venture 8)

Thanks Phil - I agree what a great set of club members  :D

Moke is almost a kit car - TVR pretty much the same  :D

Cheers Adrian

YellaBelly

Moke is almost a kit car - TVR pretty much the same  :D

Cheers Adrian
[/quote]

Yep, it'll probably need as much attention as one too :D

Daley Down Under

You're not wrong JB (and that's both of them)  :D

Tinkering is half the fun

Hairy Santa

Daley Down Under

Good grief - had me wondering for a moment.  Give it a go Pete  :D

Iancider

We never met but I feel like I know you. 
I did some trading years ago and I loved it - they were all cars of the age and full of character (loads of faults but easy to fix).  Between 17 and 25 I got to drive and sell Two Jensens, a DB6, a Roller, a Daimler Sovereign, several Alfa's (132's and a GTA), A Triumph GT6, a Mk Cortina GT (rubbish build but fun) an Opel Kommodore, Two Rotary (the real name got censored) engined NSU RO80's several Fiat 132's,  A Dolomite Sprint, one Dino and a couple of Beemer 2002 Ti's and a Corsair [okay that was a trade-in] - fun days - good luck with the business.  p.s. A thought for you - I went to New Zealand a couple of times and the place is awash with old cars in perfect condition - no snow, no salt, last for ever.  Could that be a good source?

Daley Down Under

Quote from: Iancider on 27, November, 2013, 08:20:09 PM
We never met but I feel like I know you. 
I did some trading years ago and I loved it - they were all cars of the age and full of character (loads of faults but easy to fix).  Between 17 and 25 I got to drive and sell Two Jensens, a DB6, a Roller, a Daimler Sovereign, several Alfa's (132's and a GTA), A Triumph GT6, a Mk Cortina GT (rubbish build but fun) an Opel Kommodore, Two Rotary (the real name got censored) engined NSU RO80's several Fiat 132's,  A Dolomite Sprint, one Dino and a couple of Beemer 2002 Ti's and a Corsair [okay that was a trade-in] - fun days - good luck with the business.  p.s. A thought for you - I went to New Zealand a couple of times and the place is awash with old cars in perfect condition - no snow, no salt, last for ever.  Could that be a good source?

Thanks - what a selection.  Surprised you found time to fit in everything else in that life has to offer  :D  I have thought about NZ - the importing works out cheaper but I need someone to source the cars (no PistonHeads in NZ) and flights are not cheap.

Cheers Adrian