News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

My first complete re-build.. Ford scorhill magic!

Started by scorhill.89, 03, February, 2013, 03:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scorhill.89

Hi, just thought id share the bulid from day one.. 1/5/2012 after buying it as a complete car with mk4 5 cortina running gear and 1600 pinto.. but in very poor state!

After finding many faults and bodges i couldnt resist a complete strip down!

Chassis blasted and ready for paint

Some light fabrication to add some strength to the original roll bar

atlas axle tidy up begins

one down three to go!

BEFORE

AFTER

Half shafts and brakes fitted

Many more pictures to follow of the front coming together! will be uploaded shortly.

fullpint

WOW. Now thats what I call a rebuild. Looks like you are taking no short-cuts. Look forward to seeing the progress..  8)

Moleman

Good luck on your rebuild. Will be good to see it progress.  :)

robp

Nice work.  Looking forward to watching progress.

'The Gaffer'

scorhill.89

Thanks for takin the time to check out the build so far guys... Started putting the front together today, more pictures will follow shortly!  ;D

Bulldog Bri

Daley Down Under

Quarrycars

Great job, always good to see a build in progress, is that a Magenta body?

scorhill.89

Hi guys! Its been over a year i know but there is also a years worth of progress to upload!

Quick reply to quarrycars.. The body is a magic, from scorhill motors. Ive managed to source some original build paperwork so lots of information to follow if it may be of intrest to anyone.

So the car is now running and ive moved onto bodywork, but before i start uploading pictures, are my previous ones clear? And is there a quicker way to upload? Ive not got the hang of this yet.

All replies and help will always be appreciated, im no expert so if any of you guys see anything im photos that catch your eye which youd maybe do another way please shout! :)

Thanks in advance

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: scorhill.89 on 26, April, 2014, 02:51:45 PM

but before i start uploading pictures, are my previous ones clear? And is there a quicker way to upload? Ive not got the hang of this yet.

Hi, to be honest, it looks as though you resized your older pics to make them larger? In doing so the resolution drops making them unclear.

Best bet is to not resize but use a better camera.

Best way to upload is do what you did before but highlight all the pics you want to upload and upload them all at the same time.

Hope that makes sense and thanks for the updates.

scorhill.89

Im back! with 2 years progress and with the end in sight.

So the magic is now running with all chassis work and running gear 99% complete, ive been working on the body this year and its almost ready to be put on the chassis.

I need to re-organize some photos before uploading, but they will follow shortly in order of the build

Facial Hair Optional

Cooool! I've never heard of that kit b4 so can't wait to see it.

Congrats on getting so far with it, I have to admire anyone who has the tenacity to complete their own build (or re-build), well done that man!!!  8) 8)

Moleman

scorhill.89

This may take a while! il aim to get all progress uploaded this weekend :) so as it was left on the forum, 2 years ago now i believe.. the rear axle was re-fitted and id started stripping the front subframe.
I shall upload from there on, its taken me hours to re accumulate all the photos from various phones!

scorhill.89

scorhill.89

scorhill.89

scorhill.89

scorhill.89

So after this i then moved on to building a 2l pinto

scorhill.89

So this is how i found the engine, although it did run

scorhill.89

scorhill.89

Some worn out bores were found, so a rebore and 1.5 o/s pistons and everythng else brand new followed

scorhill.89

scorhill.89

scorhill.89

Valves re-lapped, head skimmed and new cam bearings fitted. it then got a paintjob

scorhill.89

scorhill.89

scorhill.89

At last the engine was finished, this must of been 18 months possibly 2 years ago now. I soon found i had problems fitting it, completely forgetting it had some nasty spacer blocks on the previous engine so i made some new ones

scorhill.89

scorhill.89

I then had the original radiator flow and pressure tested, made up some reinforcing brackets and got it mounted

scorhill.89

By now i was tight for space and the car was being stored at work so i got on with some smaller jobs such as rebuilding the pedal assembly and steering componenets

scorhill.89

By this point i was starting to get somewhere with it at least on its wheels again, but still so much to do and no real plan. So i decided to get it running and go from there. After this i found a type 9 box and realised id then have to have a shorter prop made..

scorhill.89

scorhill.89

scorhill.89

scorhill.89

The car has come a long way since this, mostly this summer with the convenience of a new job. So much more free time! im now onto the more exciting bits, so much more to upload, back as soon as i can! :D

Moleman

Nice to see how well you are coming on with it. I will look forward to seeing the rest of it.  :)

sanzomat

I enjoyed your thread - will be great to see it on the road. Some real attention to detail. Will be a credit to you.

I particularly liked the image of the block in the oven  ;D

'The Gaffer'