AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Isle of wight trip out. July 12th-14th Final Details.

Started by Moleman, 25, March, 2013, 07:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moleman

The final Isle of White details are as follows.
Meet up at the Riverside Inn on Friday 12th July at 1pm. Leave by 1.30pm in convoy & take a relaxing drive down to Lymington to catch the ferry for about 5pm. Then from there head out to the hotel.
As for the people wanting to go out on the Saturday I will book the ferry for around midday at Lymington  & depending who is going I will leave it up to you where & when you want to meet up for your drive down, so when you get to the island you can either call us to find out where we are or head straight to the hotel. Please be aware you won't be able to check in until 3pm.

Costs are as follows
£146 per person 2 nights B&B sharing Double/twin room & ferry for a car & minimum of 2 persons.
£95 per person 1 night B&B sharing Double/twin room & ferry for a car & minimum of 2 persons.
£146 for 2 nights B&B for 1 person in a single room & car ferry,  plus £30 single person travelling in a vehicle supplement charge. (I can't see why this is the case?). :o
£95 for 1 night for 1 person B&B in a single room & car ferry, plus £30 single person travelling in a vehicle supplement charge.
I will need to pay a £50 deposit for each room by the first week of May. (This is non refundable or transferable).
Then we will need to pay the remaining balance by the end of June at the very latest or there will be a late payment charge.

This tariff is based on a minimum of 12 people for the weekend so I do need to get at least 6 cars for this to work.
I know people have already said they are up for it but can you now put your name down on here?
                                                                                                                                            What room you need?
                                                                                                                                            How many nights?
                                                                                                                                            If your taking someone?
Then can you PM me these details =  Name of persons going? Car & registration number? (please be aware they have told me you can change your car details if need be but there is a £5 admin charge).
Then I will reply with either my address for you to send a check or my Paypal address, which ever you would prefer.
Please can I remind you it is really important for me to get the deposits by end of April.

If anyone can't commit now but are thinking about it then I should be able to add people on but I have to be sure that I can get the 6 CARS WORTH or 12 PEOPLE for any of it to go ahead at this price, But I won't be able to guarantee ferry crossing times or Hotel accommodation as they are getting fully booked as I have been ringing around other hotels for prices to find quite afew fully booked up. So please let me know if your interested but can't commit at the moment.

Feel free to ask any questions you need & let's hope for good weather.  :D
Colin.

foggy

Colin- I've got to pull out, its unforseen circumstanes.

Moleman

Sumov8

Colin

Please put me down for the Friday ferry returning Sunday.

£146 per person 2 nights B&B sharing Double/twin room & ferry for a car & minimum of 2 persons.

Steve and Kim

D762 JHY

Pilgrim Sumo

Many thanks

Moleman

So far
          fri-sun    Me + 1,   sumov8 +1
          sat-sun   Paintman + 1

The Great Redmondo

Moleman,
I have checked dates and unfortunately this clashes with Goodwood Festival of Speed for which I have bought tickets already.  I will forward details to John Woodman (other Thornbury based Cobra owner) as he had expressed an interest  previously.

Regards,
Paul

Moleman

Moleman

Hi guys.
Is this it?  :o
It's been a week now. I need to know really soon as they won't hold the rooms for ever. I need some name's & will need to collect the deposits within afew weeks for this to go ahead. It may be in July but we need to book it with deposits by the end of the month to guarantee the rooms & ferry.
If there is anything that is not to your liking please feel free to pm me or tell me on here. The only thing I can't change is the dates.
I should be able to add people on but if everyone is going to wait to be added at a later date then it won't happen as I need 6 cars to be booked in to get this deal.
I need to be collecting the money by mid April to pay by the end of April. so if your are interested but can't commit yet can you at let me know so I get an idea if this is a goer?
Thanks colin.  :(

Moleman

JUST A LITTLE REMINDER FOR ANYONE WHO HASN'T SEEN THIS YET.
please read the details at the start of the thread.  :)

It's not too late to put your name down for this.

If the other half don't fancy being driven around the island all day then there is plenty on offer at the Shanklin Hotel including swimming pool, whirlpool, sauna, and live entertainment five nights a week.   Close by are the picturesque 'Old Village', historic Shanklin Chine and the beautiful Rylstone Gardens, whilst a nearby cliff lift provides easy access to the golden sandy beaches that surround the Isle of Wight.

If you are thinking about it then you can pm to say you might or if you have any questions before hand then feel free.  :)
Thanks colin.

Jasperpilchards

HI Colin,

would love to come and hopefully will. unfortunatly due to my job im unable to comit to dates more than 2 months in advance :-( its  a bugger! but then i shouldnt grumble at least i have one!!
If theres still space and it turns out i can get the time off then claire and I would love to come and meet some of you. but dont go saving a place if someone else needs it and can come up twith the dosh then id take it.
either way it sounds like a hoot especially if the weathers good :-)

Moleman

Ok thanks for letting me know.
If we get at least 3 more cars to start with then I should be able fit you in at a later date.  :)

garry h

Hi all, sorry I havent been on lately but had a lot going on. Wont bore you with it all though!!

Hope you are all ok, and still coming over in July. Have just read all the posts and I hope you get enough guys interested to come over.

Ive been working on mine and got a 2ltr engine in. Still lots to do.

Sorry I havent managed to find any better price for accomodation with ferry inc for you yet, still working on that.

Will let you know pronto.

Keep up all the good work.
Cheers.  :)

Jasperpilchards

Excellent! Can't ask for any more than that  :D will let u know

Moleman

Sorry to keep on.  :(

But anyone else thinking of doing this one?  I need afew more cars to get this one going or the rooms will not be held for us.
Thanks again  :)

Sumov8

Come on Gents still time to put your name down, after all the effort in taken to get a good deal ;)

Moleman

Time is getting close if anyone is thinking about this one guys?  :o

I need at least 2 more cars for this to happen  :)
I have been given another option for hotel choise which I will check out tomorrow.

Garry h = Thanks for the pm. for some reason it wont let me reply to you? ???
I will try again tomorrow.

Moleman

One week left!!! anyone else?
if not this may be cancelled  :'(

garry h

Hi all if you cant make to the Isle Of Wight then the Isle Of Wight might have to come up to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: garry h on 23, April, 2013, 10:25:36 PM
Hi all if you cant make to the Isle Of Wight then the Isle Of Wight might have to come up to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

Sorry the trip does not look a go'er. If all fails I'm sure we would welcome you here. Colin has worked really hard to make this work, maybe it still will.

Sumov8

Colin

I appreciate all the hard work that has gone into getting a discount for a number of cars,
but what would the price be for those that still wish to go, or is this not an option?

Still willing and looking forward to a great weekend. ;)

Moleman

Hi Steve. I'm already ahead of you on this one. I have spoken to them last friday as I was still going to go so I asked them the same question.
I asked for afew more weeks as I was having afew problems with numbers which they have given me. I also asked if it does end up a no go what would they charge me if I still want to go on my own? They said they would honor the agreement as long as they have the deposit cheques by 20th May.
I'm still going now that they will still do this at this price just for me so if you still want to go in a mini convoy then you are most welcome to join me & the girlfriend?  Haven't worked out what we are gonne do when we are there, i was just going to play it by ear. :)

I now have to 20th May to get the £50 cheques to the hotel to keep our rooms If anyone else is still thinking about it?

Sumov8

Send me an E Mail with either an address or a Pay Pal account and I will send the deposit

Regards

Steve

Moleman

ok. will do. No rush. I've got to collect the rest as well.  ;D   only joking! :P

Moleman

It's on 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Ok only a little convoy but it is happening.  ::)  ;D
I will take plenty of hats & keep changing them everytime we go up & down the street to make it seem It's different people so must be quite a few of us on the Island for the weekend.  :P

If anyone else would like to go then I have about a week before I send the forms off.

If anyone who desides they would like to go later on then I can guarantee this price but I won't be able to guarantee that the hotel has any rooms left & ferry crossing times. but please feel free to let me know & I will see what I can do.  :)

Moleman

Still should be ok If anyone else would like to join our mini convoy to the Isle Of White;D
Any questions about this feel free to pm me or put it on here.  ;D

stevel

Hi Colin, came across a website with driving roads and they have an Isle of Wight tour, may be of some use.  www.drivingforpleasure.co.uk

Moleman

Moleman

Still should be ok If anyone else would like to join our mini convoy to the Isle Of White?  ;D
Any questions about this feel free to pm me or put it on here.  :D

Moleman

If anyone fancy's even a day trip either the saturday Or sunday to the Isle Of white on these date's you are most welcome to meet up with us on the Island.

anyone fancy a drive to the Isle of white? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

fullpint

Drop me a text mate when you are off at the other end!!!
If your car clears all the ramps them mine may  ;D

Moleman

Will do steve.  I'm told they are fully prepared to deal with low cars.  :D

fullpint

Colin. Would I be correct in saying there is a chance to just turn up and hope for a space on the ferry for a small one?

Moleman

Moleman

Looks like I won't know if there is enough clearance for you now steve.

Looks like only one kitcar is going for the weekend now.  ::)

garry h

Hi Guys,  whats happening now then?  Is there only 1 car coming over?

If thats the case and you are still up for coming over then if you havent booked the hotel, we would have room for 2 at our place to save you money!  wouldnt be able to accomodate any more than 2 people though sorry.
Still been working really hard on trying to get the car ready for the weekend, its touch and go but i'm hoping it will be ready in time!
Heres a few more pics of it now its been sprayed  :D :D :D

Moleman

I'm going. my car won't be mate. The engine is dead.  ::) :)

YellaBelly

Hairy Santa

that's looking pretty good, you have put some work in on that  :o

garry h

HI guys quick update and few more pics. Shes having new stainless exhaust tomorrow then back to unit to try to finish last bits ready for mot next week fingers,toes and everything else crossed. Yes it is 2k in original old english white :) :) :)

Bulldog Bri

That's a very tidy looking Spartan, most are looking very tired nowadays. ::)

8)