News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

undressing

Started by chris61, 05, May, 2014, 04:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris61

Been driving the locost around abit the last couple of days, getting braver with distance/traffic, 20miles last night, went over to bedminster earlier to drop some bits off and take his kids out for a spin, after a 'spirted' drive I noticed the front o/s arch flapping, as I pulled over it fell off lol, pop rivets have corroded away, got to his house spotted the oil leak, obviously the rocker gasket has settled in again, (tighten it 2 already) so back home letting it cool down before a wash off, grinning like an idiot and charging the drill battery to sort the wheel arch. Also added some cable ties to my ever growing collection of tools/spares jammed behind the seat!

Krazyken

Chris, welcome to the world of kit cars.  I had countless tales of such things over 7 years with my Marlin but only came home on a breakdown truck once when the clutch cable snapped due to bad routing by the car builder leading to chaffing until it eventually snapped.

chris61

To be fair to it, I got caught in stationary traffic for 20mins and been start stopping all afternoon and it didn't miss a beat so I'll take flappy wheel arches and oil leaks!lol

Moleman

Cycle wings on westfields seem to have a habit of cracking as well mate. I have a pair that has only been on my car for about 6 months. I have been looking down the carbon fibre route until I found out what they cost.  ::)

chris61

Other than a little scratch where it touched the floor, not even a crack, got some stainless bolts holding them on now,

Iancider

Me too with a cracked cycle wing - just ordered another one and i will modify both to make them more robust.  If it works, I'll post it.

YellaBelly

Glad you're getting the miles in Chris! I did have a wing bracket crack on me twice so welded in a couple of gussets at the base of the mount. I was going to get around to changing the rivets on the wings for dome-headed chrome bolts with a small rubber grommet between the head and wing to help reduce cracking, but along with all the other 'must do jobs' I never managed it :)

Certainly sound like you got the engine singing well now, let's hope for a good sunny summer ;) :D

Pilgrim Anna

Hi Chris,
               Shame you didn't make it to Stoneleigh. Do try and come along next year. It is one of the best trips we do.  :D
Plus we need more Locosts on our clubstand LOL.

YellaBelly

Quote from: Pilgrim Anna on 06, May, 2014, 05:32:45 PM

Take note Brian ;) :D

chris61

Hi Chris,
               Shame you didn't make it to Stoneleigh. Do try and come along next year. It is one of the best trips we do.  :D

I did think about poping across but I wasn't brave enough! ;D definitely  be there next year though!

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: YellaBelly on 06, May, 2014, 07:44:03 PM

Take note Brian ;) :D
Don't worry, Annas pushing just as hard to get it on the road. As long as she keeps hers out of my garage for a while I should get it done. :P

8)

YellaBelly