News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Vynil graphics

Started by foggy, 12, August, 2010, 09:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foggy

Just been looking on e-bay again and spotted a Hood/2/b with vinyl graphics on it,very nice. Does any one know anything about vinyl graphics, might be a option instead of a re-spray,preferably in the Bristolarea.

Bulldog Bri

There are lots of vids on Youtube showing how to apply vinyl coverings.

Have fun, would suggest you start with a small area and have a go.

8)

WALNUT

What about the system they call wrapping, theres a place in bridge rd. off Station rd. by you.

Tony

WALNUT

Sorry Foggy. I ment to say not far from bris house Kingswood.

foggy

Found three places locally that does wraps, taking the car in on Monday, to find out what its  all about. Main concern is, the bonnet gets rather warm,don't know if it will disort a vynil covering. Going to see if I can get a strip of it,put it on the bonnet for a while to see if it melts!

IANPENNELL

I know a good company in the Hanham area called Dynamic Signs. Contact number 07968 699679 - ask for Adam and say that Ian told you to call.

foggy

Going to see 2 companies tomorrow Mon,if they can't do what I want, will give your mate a bell --thanks

Mad Rich

did you manage to get your car wrapped or the details you needed... i do wrapping for part of my job and can give advise for personal cars and am more than cappable of wrapping all sorts ... as for heat you shouldnt have a problem as i normally do wraps on formula superleauge cars which have a horrendous amount of heat soak into body work and components and paint and vinyl only bubble around the exhaust tips and they are cherry red when running so running on a road car shouldnt be a problem... the vinyl acts much similar to paint... i can also get vinyl painted to give a perfect colour match if needed as not all vinyl swatches match painter swatches. hope this helps ... rich .... 07769644547

http://bristolkitcarclub.co.uk/smf2/index.php?topic=736.0

Mad Rich

can also do helmets!!! check out my facebook rich sawtell

foggy

Hi, the Hoods been wrapped now. There are some pictures of it. I am very pleased with the outcome, although it has to go back, as there  are two small area's to be looked at again.