+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

MAC#1 MODS............

Started by peetee, 01, January, 2011, 08:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peetee

All this talk of track days for 2011 has inspired me to make a start on the mods to my MAC#1. The list includes; fitment of new billet sump, uprated clutch, quick rack, exhaust quietening?!, full dyno session, possible suspension set up? Here's todays jobs completed; oil drained, filter off, sump and existing oil pick up taken off and clutch removed. Good start!

Daley Down Under

Excellent news - good progress.  I'd try one of those bolt on track day silencers from Merlin Motorsport first (before any major mods to the primary pipes).

peetee

Mm, cheers Bruv. Need to see just how noisy it is first I guess? MAC1 Motorsport do a 6" can as opposed to the 5" standard, that they claim will meet any track day noise test level, so it would avoid the need for major pipe mods?

'The Gaffer'

Yep nice progress there. I had an uprated Barnett Clutch and springs in my blade, seemed to do the job nicely.

peetee

New billet sump, uprated clutch and quick rack all ordered today. Happy new year peetee!

Daley Down Under

Roll on the better weather to try it all out

David H

nice.... its starting..... i can feel the warmth coming......

Looks like a nice set of mods to get her ready for a season of Thrashing

Just started tinkering with mine..... Cant wait to get out there lads!!!

My rocket launcher mixer needs mapping.

peetee

New billet sump has arrived, check it out.........

what a work of art, not sure I want to fit it now......

Krazyken

Pete, a good expression I have heard is that "you can have a go car or a show car you can't have both".  So with that in mind get the sump baffled and fit it ready for some track day thrashings.  We will have a good itinery of track days from April onwards so you still have 10-12 weeks to get everything done.

peetee

LOL, tks Ken, a very true expression. Looking forward to the list

'The Gaffer'

Yeah, better on the car than on the wall :)

Daley Down Under

My brother and David H have things in common.  I get the feeling it'll still look this good after a year or two on the car

peetee

Damn right it will! Come on Dave, you're with me on this, right?

'The Gaffer'

I've just invented a new medical condition for you guys.. CPD = Compulsive Polishing Disorder ;)

Truth be known, after spending some time in the garage with Dave H, I think I've caught the bug too!!

Damn you both.. And those dreaded microfibre cloths and snazzy branded cleaning products >:( :)

Daley Down Under

I did buy some microfibre cloths at Exeter. Must get them out of the bag at some stage

peetee

Can I just say in my defence I have NO microfibre cloths and I didn't polish the sump! It arrived like that!

Daley Down Under

Bet you will own some after Stoneleigh

Krazyken

Agree with Adrian, one you get the polish bug you wont be able to stop.  You'll just have to polish the sump after every track day to keep it looking this good.

BTW this is my 100th post on the forum.

'The Gaffer'

I have to admit to being a lot more conscientious about car cleaning than i used to be, cleaning is actually quite therapeutic.

One thing I do hate though is taking the car out and it rains and I spend more time cleaning than I did driving.

Pete, you really must discover the magic of microfibre 8)

Happy 100th Ken :)

paintman

I went out today for a drive round over the Mendips.....the car was black by the time I came back and the roads were still decidedly slippery......you had to be careful putting your foot down coming out of corners! ::)

Washed it when I got back and the wifes, then the van.......I was knacked!  :D 

peetee

Update on the MAC#1, making progress, quick rack fitted, along with uprated clutch springs etc and billet sump. Back on the road in March...........

Daley Down Under

March? What's wrong with the rest of Feb?

peetee

David H

Quote from: peetee on 21, January, 2011, 10:20:13 PM
Damn right it will! Come on Dave, you're with me on this, right?

Christ, nearly missed this thread.

Damn right I'm with you on this. I mean who wants to spend all that dosh on a beautifully engineered piece of kit and not want to keep it looking good.  :o :o :o :o :o Ya cant see it when its covered in crap.

Not in my nature unfortunately. No ones gonna ask me to do any work for them if everything I own looks like shit. (my excuse for liking doing it)

Microfibre cloths. I might own a couple....

David H

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 23, January, 2011, 12:45:28 PM
I have to admit to being a lot more conscientious about car cleaning than i used to be, cleaning is actually quite therapeutic.

One thing I do hate though is taking the car out and it rains and I spend more time cleaning than I did driving.

Pete, you really must discover the magic of microfibre 8)

Happy 100th Ken :)

We have spent a few hours gassing over a good clean up. Very therapeutic indeed.

peetee

I must say I was almost ashamed today at the amount if time I took getting all the little rtv sealant marks off my shiny sump!

David H

peetee

OK, car now back up and running. All seems good ;D new sump looks :-* Need to get the tracking re done with the new rack fitted, then see how noisy it is????

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: peetee on 14, February, 2011, 11:13:53 PM
OK, car now back up and running. All seems good ;D new sump looks :-* Need to get the tracking re done with the new rack fitted, then see how noisy it is????

Sorted :)

David H