News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Daylight Running Lights

Started by YellaBelly, 17, March, 2013, 04:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellaBelly

I'm looking at fitting some DRLs and wondered if anyone has any recommendations as to which ones? There are loads on eBay but most look like tatt!

Cheers.

'The Gaffer'

Fitting them is a great idea, I was going to fit some to the Riot but sold it before they went on.

I cant remember which ones I bought now but I do remember you get what you pay for. The cheap ones off the bay are junk, you might as well have a couple of candles up front.

'Mendip Wurzel'

I stuck some on the end of my mudguards (just under the front of the mudguard) as I find at night that people only seem to see the headlights and don't always realise the car is wider.

I had a few scary moments with cars getting far too close..... 

foggy

I agree with u I have had a few close ones i am now thinking  of  fitting  a set

YellaBelly

I know what you mean about cars thinking you are not as wide, but DRLs are not allowed to be on when the mains are on, they are supposed to go off as soon as you put the main lights on. Might be worth fitting a couple of small marker lights to the outer edge of the wings as an alternative ;)

Bulldog Bri

I've fitted DRL's to my 7, got a relay off of Ebay cheap and was easy to wire in. As to where i put them the wings I found wobble to much for my liking and didn't want to wire acrros to them either (the indicators were enough of a pain)

8)

YellaBelly

They don't look overly bright Bri, how much were they?

And when are you going to get that Locost IVA'd?? :P ;D

Bulldog Bri

They are quite bright when viewed at a lower angle. Can't remember how much they were but I never overspend  ;)

Locost (hopefully) will be done later this year. good news is that I've found the receipt for the steel I used to make the chassis now so could now be in line for an age related plate as I've got to re-start the paperwork again when I do.

8)

'Mendip Wurzel'

Quote from: YellaBelly on 19, March, 2013, 06:16:13 PM
I know what you mean about cars thinking you are not as wide, but DRLs are not allowed to be on when the mains are on, they are supposed to go off as soon as you put the main lights on. Might be worth fitting a couple of small marker lights to the outer edge of the wings as an alternative ;)

Is there a difference between DRL and side lights.... I am going to call mine side light ...LOL

Kevin

YellaBelly

Quote from: 'Mendip Wurzel' on 21, March, 2013, 11:54:58 AM

Is there a difference between DRL and side lights.... I am going to call mine side light ...LOL

Kevin

Nice one! :D :D