News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

NG TCR ROADSTER 1966 (1985)

Started by Facial Hair Optional, 09, April, 2016, 06:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facial Hair Optional

For sale on Pistonheads.

I really like these cars, something a bit different from all the normal kits I see on the road and it's got a V8 under the hood! £12k though!! Not cheap.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/kit-cars/other-models/ng-tcr-roadster------1966/5531525?v=b

Bulldog Bri

Yeah, always liked these as well. real head turners.  ;D

8)

Gary RH7

Realy looks good apart from that back end V .... in my opinion

sanzomat

I do like that - but a lot of money. A guy at work (who does sprints and hill climbs in an old Riley) has been offered one of those for £zero. Needs a lot of work but has been registered and is sorn so no IVA. It even runs/drives but apparently jumps out of gear. Hasn't been mot'd for over ten years. That's more my sort of money!

fullpint

Love it :) but at £12K I would be wanting some sort of roof so it could be used for more than 12 days of the year :)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: fullpint on 11, April, 2016, 06:42:21 PM
Love it :) but at £12K I would be wanting some sort of roof so it could be used for more than 12 days of the year :)

That's a good point Steve. As it happens I was talking to Steve K up at Combe today and he is off for a trip to France with a mate in his latest Caterham in May, he said I should do it and the inevitible lack of weather gear conversation cropped up. I am gonna give that some consideration in the next year or two as touring is out of the question with my car really.

The main plus point I have is that as I work for myself if it's a sunny day I can take a day off and get out so at least I don't get stuck with the 12 days of the year situation  :)

Apparently the Caterham wet weather geat works really well, he swears by it.

fullpint

I to work for my self but not from home.. I'm thinking hard on if the Mk should go (love the BEC tho) and look for a more user friendly kit-car :)

benchmark51

Thats the way I'm going with Ratbag. I used a Caterham half hood, but Caterham sidescreens are very small and wouldn't work. I've made flexible, (roll up) sidescreens up to dash height held on by hood poppers. The upper sidescreens need to be rigid and hinged. I should be weather resistant pretty soon. :) I think it is the stage I'm at, I don't enjoy drenchings much anymore.

Facial Hair Optional

I'd be reluctant to part with the red devil, it's a one off after all (the yellow one isn't quite the same and is now not road legal, mine is the only road legal one on the planet!  ;D) I'd have to get a 2nd car for touring and I have no idea what that would be atm. At my age, maybe something with a heater and some comfort!

Perhaps a classic? I saw a load of TR4/5/6/7s today at Combe, always liked the 4A myself. Also passed Gary going the other way as I left, his car had just flown through the MOT at Circuit Motors (I think that's what it's called?) Well done Gary and The Hood  8) 8)

Gary RH7

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 12, April, 2016, 06:11:04 PM
I'd be reluctant to part with the red devil, it's a one off after all (the yellow one isn't quite the same and is now not road legal, mine is the only road legal one on the planet!  ;D) I'd have to get a 2nd car for touring and I have no idea what that would be atm. At my age, maybe something with a heater and some comfort!

Perhaps a classic? I saw a load of TR4/5/6/7s today at Combe, always liked the 4A myself. Also passed Gary going the other way as I left, his car had just flown through the MOT at Circuit Motors (I think that's what it's called?) Well done Gary and The Hood  8) 8)

Cheers mate! First time again :P 8) ;D
I have an interest in a MGB coupe. comfort for the winter and a classic, historic vehicle, chrome bumpers but just the 1800. Needs a bit of work but good project. What's the forums views on the MGB?

benchmark51

I've done a couple of rebuilds on MGB GT's. Pretty straight forward but suffer badly from rust. Panels are available for them. Even a conversion kit to go from rubber bumpers to chrome. Not particularly quick but a satisfying tourer I think. Back in the day, the fuel pump could be a cow at times but overall a well liked classic and dry and warm. Always recognise the exhaust sound on a 'B'.

fullpint

Back on Ebay,,, For £15K now not a chance..